Hilton Director, Leadership Development in McLean, Virginia
The Director of Leadership Development will be responsible for developing solutions which align with the goals and strategy of Hilton’s Global Learning and Talent Development team. The Director will be responsible for the strategic design and consulting for Leadership Development curricula and programs for both corporate and property Team Members at all levels.
What will I be doing?
The Director of Leadership Development will create robust strategic partnerships with HR Consulting and HR Operations by proactively building relationships with leaders, by pursuing an in-depth business knowledge, and by leveraging cross functional teams including Finance, Legal and HR to drive solution based responses to client needs. The Director will also drive large scale horizontal leadership development projects aligned to strategic talent priorities, requiring proven project and people management skills.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Responsible for leading the development of curricula for all areas of Hilton’s Leadership Development Framework and ensuring that all Leadership Development programming is aligned with overall HR and Talent strategy as well as with Hilton’s overarching organizational priorities
- Responsible for ensuring Leadership Development solutions are delivered in an effective, cost efficient manner through the use of technology and other innovative delivery approaches where appropriate, as well as via instructor-led methods
- Advise and guide HR business partners on best Leadership Development solutions based on an understanding of adult learning behaviors, business considerations and other factors
- The Director and their team will be expected to build effective, collaborative relationships with their clients, to provide excellent service delivery and to utilize their expertise to recommend and develop new solutions based on business need as well as HR strategic priorities and direction
- Create innovative Leadership Development solutions aligned to identified business and talent needs
- Build strong consulting relationships with HR partners
- Identify critical focus areas for analysis, innovation, development, and implementation of integrated HR solutions that support organizational priorities and goals
- Deliver high-touch programming to senior executives and other leaders through signature Leadership Development programs
- Effectively lead the Leadership Development team to deliver on multiple competing priorities
- Responsible for planning, executing and implementing Leadership Development projects and process improvement initiatives while meeting deadlines and managing a specific budget
- Partner with external vendors to align the desired project outcomes
- Lead by directing, coaching, and facilitating cross functional team resources; monitoring the progress and completion of project milestones
- Provide regular status updates and create strategic presentations aimed at informing, aligning, and engaging senior stakeholders
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of ten (10) years of general business experience
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience working in a large corporate, matrixed environment
- A minimum of five (5) years of Leadership Development experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience leading a team
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience at the Director level
- Strong storytelling and analytics skills
- Broad global understanding of leadership development
- Experience working in a business partnering environment
- Must have strong computer skills in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to travel as required (25%)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology Degree or related background with a strong understanding of the principles of adult development, leadership and strategy
- A minimum of seven (7) years of Talent Development experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of Consulting experience
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience at the Director level
- Global corporate experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Human Resources
Title: Director, Leadership Development
Requisition ID: COR0103R