Hilton Manager, Project and Portfolio Management in McLean, Virginia
The Manager of Project and Portfolio Management and Support will focus on initiatives that support strategic Hilton projects and initiatives. The Manager will be responsible for project delivery, status reports, coordination, and overall management of geographically disbursed IT and business teams to maintain alignment and focus on key initiatives and tasks. The Manager will also support the project management requirements of the multiple Team Members on the team and will be required to have tremendous organizational skills to support status updates, action item follow up, SharePoint collaboration, deliverable creation, and support planning.
What will I be doing?
The Manager of Project and Portfolio Management and Support will be responsible for SOW processing and other contracts like software license agreements and master services agreements and will be required to manage the steady state workflow of change requests that are delivered to the corporate and back office team for Informatica, PeopleSoft, Documentum, Kofax, Citrix remote access, and various other applications and requests that may arise that require broader collaboration and follow through. The ideal candidate must be able to navigate a highly matrixed environment, collaborate with business, IT, and outsourced teams, and know how to drive requirements through to delivery. The Manager of Project and Portfolio Management and Support will also support the budgeting and forecasting activities necessary across the project portfolio.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Manage the intake process for all steady state enhancement requests for PeopleSoft, Documentum, Kofax, Citrix, RPA, and various SaaS products to ensure proper assignment, documentation, and ultimately deployment
- Will be the IT change management project leader for all initiatives that are in the portfolio and of specific products and services team
- Manage the intake and flow of all contract vehicles through the RFS process for the specific products and services team
- Assist in the creation and ensure the quality of all status presentations across all projects within the portfolio
- Responsible for creating and managing standards for deliverable storage, meeting minutes, action lists, decision logs, and risks across all projects in the portfolio
- Support all requirements workshops sessions inclusive of meeting coordination, logistics planning, documentation approach, and follow through
- Assist in creating budgets for annual planning, supporting business case development and coordination, managing forecast inputs and updates, and resource allocation
- Manage vendor relationships for Documentum, Kofax, and PeopleSoft to maintain proper communication and seek to increase support engagement via strong requirements and relationships
- Monitor the quality of solutions via support and suggest changes that can be made to make products deliver at a higher quality
- Collaborate closely with all IT and business Team Members to assist in alignment, next steps, feasibility, resourcing, and logical approach
- Assist in establishing strategies for proper vendor engagement, consensus on solutions, and executive presentations
- Seek to document risks across the portfolio so we can proactively address prior to becoming issues
- Manage the project demand intake process based on governance standards in the organization
- Must have strong communications skills, both oral and written to partner with the business and represent the team in front of business, technical, and vendor partners
- Ability to build and fine tune power point presentations for leadership reviews
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization
- Must have the ability to manage complex and multiple tasks with minimal supervision
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Degree/GED
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a project management or project support role
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience designing support structures, managing disparate teams, and building collaborative approaches to project delivery
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience managing leadership expectations and finding ways to deliver on various initiatives and requests
- Developed skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as required (25%)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working on IT projects in a lead capacity
- Hospitality Industry experience
- Consulting experience specifically related to technology development
- PMP certification
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Information Technology/Systems
Title: Manager, Project and Portfolio Management
Requisition ID: INF01028