CACI International Motor Vehicle Operator- Full Performance in Mclean, Virginia
Job Description: CACI is looking for full-time Motor Vehicle Operator- Full Performance to join our dynamic team in providing a wide range of Logistics support to accomplish the critical objectives.
Our contracts offer a diverse selection of labor categories, job types, and locations within the Washington metropolitan area with competitive benefits, salaries and internal growth opportunities (e.g., career advancement opportunities, professional training, and tuition reimbursement.)
For additional information regarding CACI’s outstanding benefits and career developing tools, please visit www.CACI.com.
Work Description: As a Motor Vehicle Operator, a typical day might include the following:
- Positions are responsible for the routine transportation of passengers by car or van to various government and commercial buildings and agencies throughout the Washington, DC, metropolitan area (WMA).
- Plans most efficient route to destination considering traffic and weather conditions and time of day; reads maps accurately.
- Performs basic vehicle maintenance
- Performs routine inspections.
- Ensures passenger safety by observing all traffic laws, anticipating hazardous conditions, and practicing defensive driving techniques.
- Maintains radio and telephone communication with the dispatcher and immediately reports all incidents that affect operations.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Two years of driving experience.
- Possession of a safe driving record.
- Must have a Clean driving record: LS professional drivers must meet the following criteria, at a minimum, before operating Agency controlled vehicles:
- Negative point accumulation is not to exceed minus four (-4) points.
- Zero (0) driving suspensions or revocations.
- Zero (0) incidents of serious motor vehicle violation, including, but not limited, to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs; reckless driving; leaving the scene of an accident, or a series of convictions that reflect a pattern of unsafe behavior.
- Has not been assigned to any alcohol safety action program or driver alcohol rehabilitation program.
- Has not been assigned to any driver improvement programs.
- Possession of a valid Class B and Class C drivers’ licenses with passenger “P” endorsements issued through the Department of Motor Vehicles of the Motor Vehicle Operator’s State of legal residence.
- Training and certification to drive and assist disabled passengers being transported in specially equipped vehicles (ADA in the Workplace).
- Training may be taken after initial assignment to position.
*NOTE: Cars and vans may be operated with a basic driver’s license; Class C license is required for operation of 15-passenger vehicles or larger; and Class B license is required for operation of a vehicle with air brakes.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to operate a diverse range of motor vehicles of varying tonnage and axles, including cars, buses, and vans.
- Considerable knowledge of metropolitan area including the location of various government office buildings.
- Ability to become familiar with Agency unique policies, security, and regulations that pertain to the secure transportation of customers to Agency sites.
- Ability to operate a combination two-way radio/telephone/pager system.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret a road map
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of customer service.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.