Hilton Senior Catering Sales Manager - Hilton McLean Tysons Corner in McLean, Virginia
A Senior Catering Sales Manager with Hilton McLean is responsible for developing market segments and soliciting new customers to purchase food and beverage and utilize event facilities in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
This modern conference hotel is a 13.9-mile drive to Dulles International Airport and 13.8 miles' drive to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
All rooms offer contemporary decor and custom-designed beds, plus flat-screen TVs and WiFi (fee). Executive rooms provide free WiFi and access to the Executive Lounge's free breakfast and evening appetizers. Suites add living areas and wet bars.
There's a chic bar and restaurant with a patio and fire pit. Business facilities include a business center and over 27,000 sq ft of meeting space. Other amenities include an indoor pool, a 24/7 fitness center and a free area shuttle.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Catering Manager, you would be responsible for developing market segments and soliciting new customers to purchase food and beverage and utilize event facilities in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Develop market segments and solicit new customer relationships while maintaining existing relationships
- Conduct conferences and external sales presentations to groups and prospective customers to solicit, explain, negotiate and secure group and local catering business
- Host and entertain clients and maintain client accounts
- Conduct property tours and participate in trade shows, industry and community events to promote facilities and services
- Negotiate services and prices to maximize revenue and profitability
- Assist the Director in the management of the department, as needed
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Banquets and Catering
Title: Senior Catering Sales Manager - Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
Requisition ID: HOT0480S