Hilton Senior Manager, Strategy and Planning - Americas Commercial Services in McLean, Virginia
***Position located in McLean, VA***
Hilton is looking for a dynamic Senior Manager of Strategy and Planning, who can build strong relationships across Corporate and hotel teams to identify, build, drive and deliver solutions for the benefit of the Americas Managed organization. This individual must be a self-starter, comfortable navigating unstructured challenges and capable of building and inspiring teams for successful program delivery and operationalization.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Manager of Strategy and Planning will work closely with the Senior Director of Sales Enablement and Optimization, as well as other Senior Sales and Revenue leaders to support and advance the Americas Managed team by improving systems and processes, while leveraging internal Hilton resources and external partners to deliver on key strategic and tactical initiatives. This Senior Manager role will require communication and collaboration with Team Members at all levels of the organization with direct engagement and partnership with the Americas Vice President of Sales Operations and Vice President of Revenue Management.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Help lead the day-to-day execution of the prioritized strategic agenda
- Partner across Commercial Services and other teams to identify and analyze opportunities, as well as develop recommendations, prepare presentations and mobilize resources for implementation
- Fully understand and embrace the vision, leading key strategic initiatives from initiation to steady state- ensuring objectives are met and project is delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- View others and arguments appropriately to win support; convince others to take actions and simultaneously nurture positive relationships
- Manage cross-functional project teams including third parties and vendors
- Guide business owners on managing key project milestones including defining business requirements, establishing timelines and success criteria, managing participation in stakeholder meetings, helping senior leadership team understand and evaluate tradeoffs and ensuring appropriate information flow across teams and functions
- Lead workstreams to support key corporate initiatives such as Global and Americas Week of Sales, customer events, internal leadership meetings, etc.
- Support the adoption of ongoing Sales, Revenue Management, and Catering tools and processes such as Commercial Strategy Plans (CSP), training programs, new capability development, etc.
- Organize the team to respond to ad-hoc needs and expedited requests
- Develop world-class communications, including PowerPoint presentations for delivery to internal and external stakeholders, including drafting message points for presentations, email communications, NOW articles, and other communication platforms
- Leverage change management theory to integrate change management activities into project plans, business processes and/or procedures that ensure organizational readiness for change and adoption to new processes and tools
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative partnerships across Commercial Services, Operations, HR, IT, Legal and Finance
- Develop meeting agendas and capture key actions and decisions, including following up to ensure completion of agreed actions
- Contribute to advancing the strategy and delivery capabilities (strategy, project management, portfolio management, change management) of the Strategy and Planning function
- Strong critical thinking, project management, problem resolution, presentation, facilitation, collaboration and influencing skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines and manage expectations of all stakeholders
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in at least one of the following areas Hospitality and Travel, Sales or Revenue Management, Management Consulting and or Project Management
- A minimum of one (1) year of managerial experience
- Ability to obtain Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification within first six (6) months
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel as required (25%)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree
- A minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Hospitality and/or Travel
- A minimum of five (5) years of management experience
- In-depth understanding of the sales process and best practices in strategy development and execution
- Experience designing and implementing change management and communication plans
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®, Prosci Change Management Certification
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Senior Manager, Strategy and Planning - Americas Commercial Services
Requisition ID: SAL012YL