Northwell Health Senior Specialist, Clinical Informatics in Melville, New York
Req Number 0015PH
Job Category Information Technology
Leads clinical informationsystems design, implementation and enhancement s upport to nurses, providers and allied healthprofessionals throughout the health system. Assesses workflow related processes/requirements and facilitatesoperational improvements along with system enhancements/modifications to meetclinician requirements. Acts as a resource/mentor to clinical informaticsspecialists and analysts, while providing project oversight and direction. Recommends and implements approved system optimizations.
1. Collaborates with management and clinicians in designing, implementing and maintaining clinical systems. Assists in the development of design specifications in support of new or modified clinical applications, regulatory requirements, and best practices.
2. Documents current processes to establish a baseline for developmental improvements of future workflows. Validates work developed by informaticists and support teams. Analyzes, recommends and assists with implementing new and improved processes and workflows.
3. Provides direction to clinical informatics team in all project initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of team members as liaisons to system users.
4. Participates in interdisciplinary and process improvement teams to identify potential uses of the information systems and potential improvements in current use of systems.
5. Supports the integration and use of evidence-based methods, tools, and guidelines linked to effective outcomes.
6. Supports data analytics, including quality of care measures, to improve population health outcomes and global health. Supports clinical staff in the real time application of information to change healthcare delivery and affect patient outcomes.
7. Models expert clinical informatics practice to inter-professional team members and healthcare consumers.
8. Mentors informatics specialists in the acquisition of clinical knowledge, skills, abilities, and judgment.
9. Develops and teaches the theory and practice of clinical informatics.
10. Provides leadership on informatics projects including coordination of resources, timelines, and deliverables.
11. Performs related duties, as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Pharmacy, Healthcare Management, Allied Health, Information Systems or related field, required. Master’s Degree, strongly preferred.
· Current licensure as appropriate (i.e. RN, NP, PA, Respiratory Therapy, Pharmacy, or other related clinical license), required.
· Minimum of seven (7) years directly related clinical experience, healthcare informatics or healthcare operations, including leadership, and/or education, required. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in role directly related to clinical informatics.
· A strong customer service focus with the ability to develop effective working relationships and lead interdisciplinary project teams, required.
· Current knowledge of clinical practices and related information systems and computer applications, required.
· Demonstrated initiative, problem identification, resolution and analytical skills are essential, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
· Maintains current knowledge of trends and advances in clinical practice and healthcare informatics, as well as new developments and innovations in hardware and software technology
· Experience with Business Rules, Business Process Modeling (BPM) tools such as Drools/jBPM, IBM ODM/BPM, Pega or any other industry standard BPM/Rules Engines.
· Advanced technical skills including data modeling and manipulation as well as expertise working with large relational databases, OLAP tools and statistical modeling tools – such as SAS.Knowledge
of the Content/Structure of Medical Terminologies – such as Snomed, RxNorm, LOINC, ICD9, ICD10; Healthcare Information Models such as CCD, FHIR and Clinical Guidelines and Decision Support efforts in the Healthcare Informatics and IT.