Steris Material Handler in Mentor, Ohio
Join STERIS in its vision to see the world free from Infection and Contamination as aMATERIAL HANDLER
Our Mission: At STERIS plc, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries, including: IMS, US Endoscopy, Albert Browne Limited, Eschmann Holdings Limited and Synergy Health Limited, among others.
Ship, receive, store, and track inventory at the Mentor Distribution Center. Ensure parts are handled in accordance with Company and Federal standards.
- Unload trucks and deliver inventory to stock. Parts must be physically moved and entered into ORACLE system through receiving transaction.
- Prepare transaction for sales order and gather necessary inventory for shipment. Submit transaction into ORACLE system.
- Pick material for work orders, according to printed picklists. Perform ORACLE transaction to issue material including any adjustments.
- Stock completed sub-assemblies and accepted purchased parts.
- Pack any material shipped from the Distribution Center and complete shipping authority log using appropriate procedures.
- Maintain inventory accuracy by performing cycle counts. Assist Team Leader or Supervisor in researching discrepancies in inventory data.
- Ensure material movement is shipped, received, and stored according to Company and Federal standards. If material is not in conformance, reject part and complete NCR.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred. Fork lift truck license helpful, must be certified by STERIS trainer once in position.
Position requires frequent lifting (at least 50 lbs.), bending, standing, sitting, and walking. Tasks may be repetitive at times. Frequent use of computer. Must be able to operate fork lift truck.
One to two years shipping and receiving or warehouse experience preferred. Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. Working knowledge of computer helpful.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
Visit https://www.steris.com/about/careers/ to learn more.
STERIS plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.
Requisition ID: 14705