HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Pharmacist (Oncology) FT in Miami, Florida
Clinical Pharmacist, Oncology FT days Mon-Fri, 8:30a - 5p Mercy Hospital Miami, FL
Facility Description: Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for over 60 years. As a comprehensive healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. A 473-bed acute care facility, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with over 700 physicians representing 27 medical specialties. Its Centers of Excellence include: The CyberKnife® Institute, The Heart Center, the Maternity and Women’s Health Center, the Miami Cancer Center, the Minimally Invasive Institute, the Orthopaedics Institute, and the Surgical Weight Loss Center.
As Miami-Dade County’s only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and is affiliated with HCA East Florida Division, an HCA affiliate. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God’s people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves. / / /Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for six consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/
/We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance./
This is an non-exempt, professional clinical position, which is responsible for assisting the Director of Pharmacy and the Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator in maintaining and enhancing pharmaceutical care services, developing and applying guidelines, policies and procedures approved by the Medical Staff, the Pharmacy and Therapeutics, ASHP and TJC standards of practice. The Clinical Pharmacist will perform those functions necessary to enhance his/her own knowledge as well as improve patient care, with emphasis in optimizing the patient care at assigned area expertise.
- Identify, document and provide drug therapy monitoring in relation to appropriateness of therapy - drug, dose, route of administration, drug/drug and food interactions, medication utilization evaluation and formulary management.
- Collect and analyze data to determine medication use trends and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Provide pharmacokinetics services and investigational drug dispensing and monitoring when necessary.
- Identify, document and provide drug therapy education to Mercy Hospital's patients, medical staff, pharmacy staff and other healthcare professionals (i.e. nursing, respiratory therapist, etc.).
- Provide timely and accurate medication order entry and other pharmacy staffing requirements as needed, and ensure that medications are available on a timely basis through the approved medication distribution system.
__ _Minimum Requirements:_ * Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) Degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy * PGY1 Residency required * Oncology rotations or previous experience preferred * PGY2 Residency in Oncology orBoard Certification in Oncology Pharmacy are/highly/desirable.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Clinical Pharmacist (Oncology) FT
Location: Florida-Miami-Mercy Hospital
Requisition ID: 26110-8793