Comcast Analyst 3, Advertising Research in Miramar, Florida
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Job Summary :
Comcast Spotlight is looking for an enthusiastic, driven and intellectually curious individual to join our research team. Partners with multiple teams of advertising sales and research professionals to compile and translate market research into insightful, compelling sales stories that strategically position the value of Comcast Spotlight's suite of marketing solutions. Has the ability to translate complex findings into simple reports and presentations and understands advertising research data, standards, and practices. The successful candidate will be able to look beyond "what" an analysis shows with a strong desire to discover the "why".
- Understands and applies various statistical concepts, research data,
standards, and practices.
- Works directly with cross-functional teams and department leadership
to create research presentations and summaries.
- Participates in meetings, training programs, and conferences as
- Reviews types and sources of purchased market research data and
recommends purchases to Marketing management.
- Coordinates and participates in the generation of regular and special
market research or trend reports to management.
- Ensures pertinent market information is translated and dispersed to
Marketing Research Department for evaluation.
- Maintains expertise in marketing research and stays current on new
developments through contacts with educational institutions,
professional organizations, publications, and vendors.
- Makes recommendations based on analysis and findings.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Applications (Excel & PowerPoint);
- Experience working with audience measurement tools (Nielsen, ComScore, Strata View, etc.) and/or syndicated data (Scarborough, Experian, Polk, Kantar, etc.)
- Understands fundamentals media measurement, research and local cable advertising.
- Background creating compelling stories that drive sales strategy using various sources of data.
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Experience with Digital Video / TV metrics and familiarity with how TV media buying works.
- Experience with R, MySQL, Looker, Python, or VBA a plus, but not required.
- Curiosity and deep desire to learn.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer