Waste Management Accounts Payable Supervisor in Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management is looking for an Accounts Payable Supervisor who will be responsible for monitoring and/or executing critical Procure-to-Pay (P2P) processes for the WPA/WV/MD/VA Market Area. You will work closely with Area employees and Corporate departments to maintain alignment of the P2P process, and ensure the P2P requirements/requests are communicated properly to the field.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned, as needed, in order to support the P2P deployment and on-going P2P activities.
- Serves as the Area’s P2P champion by partnering with Area Procurement, Accounting, Fleet and Operations to promote P2P’s objectives and work with Area leadership and Corporate to resolve issues/non-compliance.
- Directs employees engaged in Area P2P/accounts payable activities including, but not limited to, payment inquiry follow up, monitoring invoice validation and resolving match exceptions (discrepancies between purchase orders, receipts and invoices).
- Performs the duties of the match exception subject matter expert including pulling and distributing the appropriate reports/queries to Area personnel, interacting with the WMSC as the Area point of contact and resolving match exceptions as needed.
- Acts as the Area primary point of contact with Corporate departments related to any P2P activities, questions or communications.
- Responsible for updating all Area P2P contact listings used for invoice assignment when no valid contact name is provided on the invoice.
- Monitors the match exception history report to ensure aged items are being worked/resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitors the invoice validation queue to ensure invoices are assigned correctly and approved in a timely manner. Reviews all invoices marked as invalid or denied.
- Responsible for the creation of the non-purchase order monthly accrual as well as site manual accruals.
- Closes and re-opens purchase orders as needed. Places receipts on hold or off hold as needed.
- Provides general support for the cutover activities from the current Aestiva system and processes to P2P.
- Assigns work to employees, reviews employees' work for adequacy and takes steps to correct inadequate performance.
- Provides ad-hoc training to employees on process-related issues, and escalates non-compliance matters to Area managers and Leadership as needed. Guides Area new hires to the appropriate training materials related to their user role in the P2P process.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Two years of relevant work experience in finance or accounting related processes (in addition to education requirement).
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- General accounting, accounts payable, and/or accounts receivable knowledge may be required.
- Experience analyzing and solving complex problems
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.” Text “WASTE” to 51893 to join our team (or learnmore).”
Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Location: Pennsylvania-Moon Township
Requisition ID: 17014982