McKesson J2EE Developer, Technical Lead in Moon Township, Pennsylvania
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. Part of the overall McKesson, McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services (MPTS) is a portfolio of four businesses that provides technology and services to retail, mail order, PBMs, hospital and health systems pharmacies. MPTS offers a wide array of solutions, including pharmacy workflow software, clinical programs, inventory optimization, government program optimization including 340B compliance, data analytics and services, and automation. MPTS is part of McKesson Corporation, recently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, which touches over 65,000 pharmacies every day.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Pharmacy Systems you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payers to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson's Pharmacy Technology & Services division has an opening for a J2EE Developer, Technical Lead in our Moon Township, PA or Livonia, MI office.
The Software Developer technical lead should have hands-on experience in developing J2EE based complex enterprise application to manage the development activities of a retail pharmacy product. This role will be responsible for managing and coordinating software development and testing activities such as project planning, tracking, peer reviews, status reporting, network/data communications, and coordinating day-to-day project development activities.
• Understand the scope of the project and track the project activities to closure as per the project schedule
• Ensure that project dependencies are met in a timely manner as per the project schedule
• Facilitate discussions and lead collaborative sessions to define and gain consensus on technology principles and standards
• Partner with offshore development team and ensure offshore team produce quality deliverables including software architecture document, high level and low level design documents, test cases, test designs, code, build and deployment
• Coordinate review activities for all key deliverables such as source code, requirement documents, test cases, design artifacts, deployment artifacts, and training guides. Ensure project standards are followed and evaluate quality of the deliverables using metrics on an ongoing basis.
• Participate hands-on in developing the solution
• Mentor software application developers (onshore and offshore)
• Flexible in working under changing and different work settings.
• Maintain high team morale.
• Adhere to company and project standards and guidelines
• Promptly escalate issues, which affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager.
• Pay high attention to detail in all work.
• Good ability to anticipate issues and formulate remedial actions. Conduct project risk identification and mitigation action planning with the project manager
• Sound interpersonal and team working skills.
4 years experience in software engineering
5 years’ experience in Java-J2EE Development. Extensive technical experience and development expertise in Core Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, AngularJS knowledge, Webservices, Spring, Hibernate, Java Script, Jaspersoft, JQuery and AJAX.
5 years experience in designing and building n-tier enterprise applications
4 years of hands-on experience in Postgres Database with a good understanding of RDBMS concepts
Additional Knowledge & Skills
•Pharmacy domain experience is preferred
•Test-Driven Development (TDD)
•Familiarity with cloud environment (Microsoft Azure) is highly preferred
•Understanding of software development lifecycle and solution engineering methodologies to develop the application and satisfy functional and nonfunctional requirements of complex software systems.
• Experience in technically leading software projects through all stages of the life cycle, including responsibility for requirements capture, design, development, acceptance testing, and deployment
• Knowledge of software design patterns and their applicability to software architecture / infrastructure development.
• Expertise or experience with the following: business process management and workflow technologies; business rules engines; portal development; dynamic/configurable user interface
• Familiarity with crosscutting non-functional concerns such as security, performance, scalability, deployment, maintainability, supportability
• Experience with / knowledge of various architectural techniques and implementations such as Software as a Service, Services Oriented Architecture, loosely coupled design techniques, composite application design, distributed application architectures
• In depth expertise on application development using Use Case Models, Use Case Realizations, Class Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Deployment Views, Sequence and Collaboration Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, etc.
• In depth expertise with the following technologies: ProstgreSQL, development and tuning, reviewing queries, database management; JDBC, stored procedures, prepared statements, resultsets; Weblogic, load balancing, session beans, message driven beans, caching, connection pooling; Interfaces, SOA, SOAP, JMS, XML, TCP/IP; Swing, multithreaded applications; high-performance and scalable systems.
• Experience with source control, database development and optimization, Java IDE, UML design, issue tracking tools is required.
• Experience with HP ALM, QTP, Loadrunner, Veracode, enterprise Architect, SVN, Eclipse, Enterprise Architect, JIRA preferred.
• Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
• Hands on experience in Tomcat and Weblogic servers
• Experience with on-site/offshore model is strongly preferred
• Experience in healthcare and pharmacy domain preferred.
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Family Title: Software Engineer (Appls) 3
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: J2EE Developer, Technical Lead
Location: Pennsylvania-Moon Township
Requisition ID: 17002631
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Livonia