McKesson Sr. Software Architect, J2EE in Moon Township, Pennsylvania
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. Part of the overall McKesson, McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services (MPTS) is a portfolio of four businesses that provides technology and services to retail, mail order, PBMs, hospital and health systems pharmacies. MPTS offers a wide array of solutions, including pharmacy workflow software, clinical programs, inventory optimization, government program optimization including 340B compliance, data analytics and services, and automation. MPTS is part of McKesson Corporation, recently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, which touches over 65,000 pharmacies every day.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Pharmacy Systems you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payers to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson’s Pharmacy Technology & Services division has an opening in the Moon Township, PA office for a Senior Software Architect.
• Design & develop architecture (which includes integrated process, applications, data, infrastructure & technology) solutions to business problems
• Collaboratively devise system design, nonfunctional requirements, and architecture specifications based on business functional requirements
• Collaborates with other development/architecture teams to design cross-product solutions
• Develop specifications for new products/services, applications, infrastructures & service offerings
• Facilitate discussions and lead collaborative sessions to define and gain consensus on technology principles and standards
• Partner with offshore architects and ensure offshore team produces quality deliverables including software architecture document, high level and low level design documents, proof of concept, and code
• Conduct high-level and low-level architectural design reviews
• Performs object-oriented software design and development.
• Mentor software application developers (onshore and offshore) on design, coding, implementation standards, and best practices
• Provide architectural governance
• Participate hands-on in developing the solution
• Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations
• Understand the drivers & requirements of the business & translates those into technology solutions, serving as a liaison between technical teams & management
• Evaluate & advise on the selection, use & development of technological frameworks
• Assess the compatibility & integration of technologies proposed as standards, in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies
• Understand the broader context of the technology vision, considering the overall interaction between components as well as the applicability of the technology within the problem domain
• Document & balance a variety of competing or conflicting requirements across a range of sources
• Communicate a key set of decisions for meeting target criteria, including the rationale, structure & strategy of each decision
8 years experience in software engineering and/or software architecture.
• Experience with enterprise system scalability, performance, and high availability for distributed & hosted software
• Deep & broad knowledge of multiple architecture (System, Application, Database, Middleware, Network, Security) and technologies (Windows, Linux, J2EE, AngularJs, HTML5, RESTful Services, SOA Architecture, Azure Cloud (IaaS and PaaS))
• In depth expertise designing using Use Case Models, Use Case Realizations, Class Diagrams, Entity-Relationship Diagrams, Deployment Views, Sequence and Collaboration Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams. Expertise in the application of architectural and OO design patterns. Knowledge of RUP preferred.
• Designs data models and have a Strong SDLC experience
• Strong experience designing and developing connectivity solutions and interfaces with third party applications
• Strong leadership, problem solving, communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Experience working with cross-functional teams including development, quality assurance, product management, project management, business analysts, and support.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to learn and implement new technologies and processes
• Able to develop and contribute in a fun, fast-paced team environment
• Energetic and passionate self-starter that brings interpersonal skills and creative problem solving skills to the team
• Hunger for knowledge
• Questions the status quo and actively participates in contributing to the organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Sr. Software Architect, J2EE
Location: Pennsylvania-Moon Township
Requisition ID: 17001742