Eaton Corporation Employee & Labor Relations Director, EMEA in Morges, Switzerland
Eaton is dedicated to ensuring that reliable, efficient and safe power is available when it’s needed most. With unparalleled knowledge of power management across industries, experts at Eaton deliver customized, integrated solutions to solve our customers’ most critical challenges. Our focus is on delivering the right solution for the application. But, decision makers demand more than just innovative products. They turn to Eaton for an unwavering commitment to personal support that makes customer success a top priority.
Employee & Labor Relations Director EMEA
Location: Morges, CH - open to other
The Employee & Labor Relations Director will develop and lead the EMEA Employee Relations & Labor Relations strategy, managing a high level complexity region. He/She will ensure compliance and governance related to employee and labor relation within the region, guiding the EMEA business leaders in respecting, supporting, informing and dealing with the European Works Council and with all national and local employees’ representative bodies. In addition to this, he/she will ensure our organization is fully compliant with the European Works Council directive and EEF agreement. Support the business strategy and implementation providing LR and ER guidance.
· Design, plan and lead labor relations strategy and practices across countries and business in order to maintain a positive labor relations environment in the region, aligning with organizational objectives and business strategies.
· Develop and maintain progressive relationships with Works Council and Union leadership via strong communication processes and initiatives.
· Provide guidance or manage the transfers of undertaking and labor side of transnational restructuring programs or functional projects.
· Act as the lead point for the local, national negotiations with trade unions and workers representatives and provide guidance for local negotiations and work councils.
· Stay close to trade union negotiations and maintain up to date knowledge of emerging trends in labor.
· Conduct Labor relation due diligence pre-M&A final decision and provide an opinion, or post acquisition and support labor relations issues in potential acquisitions and divestiture projects and decisions
· Provide guidance and advice to the business leaders on LR and ER topics impacted by business strategies and projects.
· Provide guidance and training to HR community on employee relations strategies and positive labor relations, which includes specific guidance for non-unionized sites.
· Design, interpret and recommend program goals, policies and procedures and courses of action within the region while working within the parameters of the corporate philosophy and strategic business decisions.
· Act as the Chief spokesperson for the Eaton’s European Works Council and manage efficient information/consultation procedure at the European level.
· Define the strategic approach in order to ensure at the EWC level a strong and sustainable relation and a continued communication flow between the EWC and the senior leadership Team EMEA.
· Research and analyze legal/ labor related issues and questions and submit recommendations and / or opinions.
· Ideal candidate will have a consolidated experience in European labor relations work in a Manufacturing environment
· Requires strong technical expertise in the laws surrounding works councils and employee representative bodies, as well as the practical experience of dealing positively with employee relations and employee representation.
· Masters’ degree or equivalent experience in European labor relations; legal degree in European employment law would be desirable
· Strong leadership and influencing skills, especially with senior stakeholders. Positive communication and interpersonal skills and techniques to effectively interact with business leaders, partnering for effective solutions and responses to labor and employee relations issues
· Strong negotiations skills, ability to work in an ambiguous and conflictual environment being able to quickly understand potential business impact and make strategic decisions
· Industry understanding: operations, customers, suppliers, market, business climate, labor agreements. Demonstrated team and individual leadership skills.
· Diversity and Inclusion skills: demonstrated ability to interact with all types of people, respectful treatment of others, and awareness of multi-cultural backgrounds and differences.
· Relevant experience in multiple European countries
· Exposure to US labor laws and multination environment is a plus.
· Very deep knowledge of the procedures, practices and techniques used in collective bargaining and labor management negotiations
· A founded knowledge of the main Labor Relations Codes in the region and their application, and a considerable knowledge of labor relations arbitration related jurisprudence.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time