WindStream Communications Customer Service Tech II in Mount Olivet, Kentucky
TheCustomer Service Technician IIhandles installation and maintenance of broadband services for residential and small business locations. The Technician must possess an attention to detail, problem solving skills, the ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable, and the capability to climb ladders and poles up to 40’ and to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be available to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours. Required to respond to after hour call-outs.
Responsibilities: * Install, maintain, and repair business and residential customer telephone, wiring and internet services, outside plant, and special circuits according to specifications * Handle routine and non-routine assignments * Communicate with customers regarding installation/repair * Present and conduct self in a professional manner; promote positive company image to the public * Diagnose, clear, and repair outside plant facility troubles * Repair cable cuts and damage * Perform minor central office tasks * Operate a variety of tools and devices including test equipment * Adhere to safety standards and regulations * Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service vehicle
- Demonstrate communication and customer service skills
- Strong math and PC skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of job functions
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 350 lbs., work aloft, and successfully complete required safety training Minimum Requirements: Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years technical/telephony experience with 3 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or directly related telephony experience required; or applicable Military experience required.
Job: *Field Operations
Title: Customer Service Tech II
Location: Kentucky-Mount Olivet
Requisition ID: 17000100