Comcast Software Engineer in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
If you are a strong software developer looking to grow on afast paced team, we need you!
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities.
Needed Technical Skills:
- Programming platform: Java, Web-Services , Unix
- Database: Oracle
- Application Servers: WebLogic
- Code Repo SVN/GIT
- Build Integration and Deployment Server-GO CI/CD, Jenkins
- IDE: Intellij, Eclipse, Soap UI, Advance REST Client, Parasoft IDE
Nice to have:
- PAAS (Platform as a Service): Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Database: LDAP
- Monitoring Service-App Dynamics, Wily, NSG, Graphana, Nagios
- Logging Service ELK, Splunk
- DNS/LB: GSLB, Iplanet Servers
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Implements web services/operations/APIs based on requirements
- Act as a true dev-ops engineer who owns the functionality from requirements gathering stage all the way through prod deployment and support
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Other Skills Needed for the Job:
Education Level- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study- Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.