McKesson Senior Network Engineer in Munster, Ireland
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join our IT team with in-depth knowledge of the planning, design, implementation and troubleshooting of networked systems to join our Remote Network Implementation Services team.
· Responsible for operations of a company's internal data communications systems, including LANs and/or WANs.
· Plans, designs, and implements networked systems, including configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of such items as routers, bridges, concentrators, and switches; project implementation; providing training and assisting with proposal writing.
· Responsible for project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.
· May research and evaluate emerging network and communication technology.
· 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
· 6 years experience in the operations of a company’s internal data communications systems, including LANs and/or WANs
Critical Skills -
· A minimum of 6 years of experience deploying Cisco IOS based networking devices within a 24x7 environment. Experience to include routing, switching, wireless.
· LAN Switching – A minimum of 6 years of switching environments including Spanning Tree, 802.1q, etc. Cisco Catalyst 4500/3750/2960, HP 5500 series.
· Excellent communication skills and experience working with internal and external customers as a service provider.
· LAN Physical Connectivity – A minimum of four years experience with Ethernet connectivity.
· Wireless – A minimum of four years experience with deploying wireless network in an Enterprise or Warehouse environment.
· Equipment – have diverse IOS experience required in the design, implementation and troubleshooting on a wide range of datacenter level equipment to include – but not limited to:
§ Routers – ASR, 3900, 7300 Series Routers
§ Cisco Access Switches (3750, 4500, 4900)
§ Wireless – Extreme, Motorola, Cisco, Aruba
Additional Knowledge & Skills
· Proficient project management skills displayed through successful implementations, completing assignments, meeting timelines, and keeping within budget
· WAN Physical Connectivity – Experience with edge router WAN circuit (Ethernet, T3, Multilink,T1) provisioning, configuration and troubleshooting.
· MPLS Topology and Connections - A minimum of four years experience with Telecom managed MPLS deployments. Preference for multi provider deployment experience.
· Routing Protocols – must be proficient with all common routing protocols used in a network environment to include (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
· Configuring and troubleshooting QOS for both WAN and LAN networks.
· A minimum of 4 years of experience with debug\trace option commands and their impact on the production environment.
· Monitoring – strong familiarity with SNMP, Netflow, Syslog and packet captures.
· Directly applicable professional certifications are preferred – CCNP, CCDP, CCIE RS
· In depth knowledge of UNIX, Windows networking technologies and deployment methodologies.
· CNNP, CCDP, CCIE RS certifications viewed favorably
Organization: McKesson Corporate
Title: Senior Network Engineer
Requisition ID: 17005848