HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Endoscopy in N Richland Hills, Texas
Medical City North Hills Registered Nurse – RN Endoscopy Full-time – FT Days with Call Rotation
Medical City North Hillsis an award-winning acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County, located near the corner of NE Loop 820 and Boulevard 26 in North Richland Hills. Our mission is above all else, to serve, to care for, and to assist in the healing of our patients and their families.
TheEndoscopy Registered Nurseis responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the plan of care for a specific assigned group of patients. The North Hills Hospital staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients from newborn through adolescence. The attached criteria based performance evaluation provides a specific set of standards as they relate to age specific competency.
* Delivers indirect and direct patient care according to established standards, taking into consideration the age and risk factors of the patient.
* Possesses the knowledge and ability to use the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care of the patient.
* Uses nursing judgement in decision-making.
* Acts as patient advocate in meeting his/her physical and psychological needs.
* Provides care to each patient undergoing an operative/invasive procedure, in a manner that preserves and protects the patient's autonomy, dignity, and human rights.
* Identifies the patient and confirms informed consent. Ensures that all required contents of the medical record are present before an operative/invasive procedure.
* Administers medication, IV therapy, and treatments in an effective and timely manner.
* Accepts, transcribes, and carries out physician orders in accordance with established policies.
* Demonstrates the ability to properly care for, clean, decontaminate and/or terminally sterilize endoscopic equipment.
* Understands, practices, and ensures sterile technique. * Correctly operates Steris Sterilizer. * Takes emergency call as assigned. * Integrates and coordinates care across settings and among disciplines. * Attends mandatory inservices annually and staff development programs that are job related. * Maintains CPR certification. * Monitors the patient during conscious sedation procedures, following hospital policy. * Assists the physician during endoscopic or special procedures. * Follows policies and procedures for specimens. * Properly prepares room, instruments, and equipment for procedures, and assists in cleaning the room after completion of procedures. * Documents all records according to established policies and procedures. * Access information/documents on MediTech maintaining patient confidentiality. * Adheres to Environment of Care/Infection Control responsibilities. * Participates in the hospital wide Performance Improvement program. * Employee is accountable for patient safety, as applicable to their job, for performance improvement related to Leapfrog initiative and National Quality Forum safe practices.
EDUCATION * Graduate of a school of professional nursing. LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS * Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse. Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire. * Certified in CPR. * Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to care of the patient experiencing an operative/invasive procedure. EXPERIENCE * Clinically proficient in perioperative nursing skills.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Endoscopy
Location: Texas-N Richland Hills-North Hills Hospital - North Richland Hills
Requisition ID: 00444-91985