HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Outpatient Surgery in N Richland Hills, Texas
Medical City North Hills Registered Nurse – RN Outpatient Surgery Full-time – FT Days with rotating call
Medical City North Hillsis an award-winning acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County, located near the corner of NE Loop 820 and Boulevard 26 in North Richland Hills. Our mission is above all else, to serve, to care for, and to assist in the healing of our patients and their families.
TheRegistered Nurse Outpatient Surgeryis responsible for the nursing activities related to the peri-anesthesia care of the patient experiencing a major and/or multiple invasive procedure. The RN is an experienced resource person in all types and phases of post-anesthesia care, and provides guidance to other licensed as well as non-licensed personnel.
* Delivers indirect and direct patient care according to established standards, taking into consideration the age and risk factors of the patient.
* Possesses the knowledge and ability to use the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care of the patient.
* Designs and coordinates the implementation of a plan of care to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
* Collaborates with patient, family and other health care providers to establish plan of care.
* Assures that data is collected, documented and communicated.
* Analyzes data to determine appropriate nursing interventions.
* Sets patient care priorities based on the uniqueness of each patient.
* Uses sound nursing judgment in decision-making.
* Provides care to each patient undergoing surgical interventions in a manner that preserves and protects the patient's autonomy, dignity, and human rights.
* Utilizes established modalities of pain management to assist the patient toward optimal comfort.
* Integrates and coordinates care across settings and among disciplines. * Maintains or acquires skills on patient care equipment necessary to complete required responsibilities. * Documentation is accurate, timely, concise and legible.
* Accesses information/documents on Meditech. * Administers medication, IV therapy, blood and treatments in an effective and timely manner.
* Participates in the hospital wide Performance Improvement program.
EDUCATION * Graduate of a school of professional nursing. LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS * Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse. Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire. * Bachelors’ Degree in Nursing and Specialty Certification preferred. * Certified in CPR Required. * Certified in ACLS is required, or must be obtained within three months of hire date. EXPERIENCE * Minimum five (5) years previous Med/Surg or OP experience required within the past two years. * Previous PACU experience preferred.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Outpatient Surgery
Location: Texas-N Richland Hills-Medical City North Hills
Requisition ID: 00444-91302