HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Quality Data Analyst in N Richland Hills, Texas
Medical City North Hills
Registered Nurse Quality Assurance Data Analyst
RN Data Analyst
Quality Assurance Department – QA
Full Time – FT
Medical City North Hillsis an award-winning acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County, located near the corner of NE Loop 820 and Boulevard 26 in North Richland Hills. Our mission is above all else, to serve, to care for, and to assist in the healing of our patients and their families.
Under the supervision of the AVP for Clinical Excellence, theRN Quality Assurance Data Analystperforms various data and system level support, as well as, analytic functions associated with the department and organization. Position will have direct responsibility for data abstraction and core measures. Review of medical records and abstracting clinical elements to ensure compliance with established nationally recognized quality patient outcomes as required by TJC, and QIOs and other state or federal agencies. Translates other clinical documentation into data elements for the purpose of driving quality improvement in all areas of clinical quality. No direct patient care functions are provided by this position. Position interacts with physicians, outside agencies, and corporate/divisional staff as well as departments within the facility.
- Applies principles of information management:
o Maintains organized records in a manner that facilitates retrieval.
o Can be located and used when employee is absent.
o Uses resources effectively to reduce duplication of effort and promote display of data/information.
o Back-up procedures and file cataloging are accurate.
o Data entry is accurate and timely.
o Facilitates the flow of data and information to pertinent work units. o Maintains confidentiality of data. o Data disposal is appropriate.
o Maintains physician profiles accurately and timely.
- Supports risk management function. o Schedules meetings, depositions, communicates with attorneys and investigators. o Compiles documents for production and discovery. o Maintains files according to department and insurance policies/procedures.
- Prepares reports and performs data management functions. o Develop queries and analyze data reports from the following systems: CHOIS, ClearAccess, IMAG, etc. o Analyze reports for correctness and validity. o Prepare routine monthly reports accurately and timely. o Develop graphs and presentation materials.
- Identifies deficiencies in documentations based on clinical profile or patients, communicates deficiencies to medical staff, nursing staff, or other staff members and insures that deficiencies are corrected in real time.
- Assist in the implementation of performance improvement studies, data collection, analysis, and action plans related to area of responsibility.
- Participates in the hospital wide Performance Improvement program.
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Current RN license. Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire.
- Experience in acute-care hospital, quality management experience, and medical terminology strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and relational databases essential.
- Knowledge of data collection methods and data relationships.
- Management of information for epidemiology and risk management.
Job: *Case Management
Title: RN Quality Data Analyst
Location: Texas-N Richland Hills-North Hills Hospital - North Richland Hills
Requisition ID: 00444-93907