HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Analyst II in Nashville, Tennessee
/HealthTrust (www.healthtrustpg.com) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Members include approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and more than 26,000 non-acute care sites./
JOB SUMMARY– The Clinical Analyst II is a part of the Clinical Data Solutions (CDS) within Physician Services organization within HealthTrust. This technically analytical focused position with the CDS team is responsible for the interpretation and understanding of information. This individual will leverage existing reports and analytics to analyze business problems, and processes to harness business intelligence (BI) knowledge to improve solutions across the enterprise.
This goal will be achieved by working with cross-functional business technical teams. The Clinical Analyst II is responsible for actively participating in the analysis of multiple aspects of the data and analytics lifecycle from requirements to data analysis, report analysis, and understanding of business processes.
The Clinical Analyst II will collaborate with Business Analysts, Data Scientists, and Project Managers, provide input regarding reporting and BI, as well as support and develop subject matter knowledge for reporting around clinical outcomes, procedures, and items/products (e.g., physician preference items). The Clinical Analyst II will ensure a standardized and consistent approach relating to reporting participation and implementation of Data Governance, and Analytics.
DUTIES(included but not limited to) –
- Work assignments are advanced/complex in nature; accountable for major projects.
- Impact corporate wide engagement with facility-level resources to division-level leadership.
- This individual will guide and lead in all aspects of the analytic and business intelligence (BI) lifecycle from requirements to data analysis, report analysis, understanding of business processes, and definitions of success.
- Is a subject matter specialist, developing the appropriate strategies, plans, tools and approaches to ensure successful implementation of BI reports, dashboards and scorecards.
- Think analytically and critically to lead reporting standardization and automation efforts.
- Generate and prepare reports, scorecards, and dashboards to support business objectives.
- Ensure a standardized and consistent approach relating to BI participation and implementation of Data Governance, Business Intelligence and Analytics.
- Think analytically and critically to lead reporting standardization and automating efforts.
- Use, analyze, and support BI applications and analytical tools, evaluate data quality, applications, and workflow functions.
- Format, run, distribute, and interpret reports using the available tools.
- Provide in depth “what if” analysis of data using available tools.
- Escalate to and collaborate with leadership on program issues and risks to identify solutions
- Assist in analysis of BI Reporting architecture and report creation, analysis of guided analytics, and other BI solutions.
- Produces BI solution designs that will meet business requirements in a manner consistent with Company and industry standards.
- Present data formally and informally and facilitate discussion regarding data outputs
- Participate and leads in multi-disciplinary teams to use data in improving usage and operational workflow.
- Provide moderate analysis and ad hoc operational reports as requested.
- Identifies reporting needs to support usage goals throughout the member facilities.
- Assess new technologies of interest to the team’s efforts.
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate solutions where additional data and subject expertise is required.
- Preferred detailed working knowledge of the health care industry, applications, clinical workflow issues, regulatory compliance and federal mandates preferred.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to work in a high profile and fast paced team.
- Technical aptitude to learn and adapt to new industry applications and tools.
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance and acts as a mentor and provides direction to colleagues with less experience.
- Ability to communicate and facilitate topics clearly and effectively across department lines; working inside peer groups and receiving guidance from supervisor.
- Demonstrated oral, written and technical communication skills required.
- Demonstrated presentation/public speaking skills and experience required.
- Possesses good organizational as well as visual and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and consistently meet delivery dates.
Expertise in how to interject information delivery via reports and analytical applications into standard business process workflows – ensuring that information is both actionable and becomes part of the job.
Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3 years data/process/ analysis experience required.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Clinical Analyst II
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Capitol View Bldg 1100
Requisition ID: 10250-1824