HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Exercise Physiologist PRN in Nashville, Tennessee
TriStar Centennial Medical Center – Nashville, TN
Part of the TriStar family of hospitals TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women’s services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center’s 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Women’s Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
Centennial Medical Center is currently looking for an Exercise Physiologist.
Exercise Physiologists (EPs) assess and evaluate patient’s current condition and readiness for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Wellness related physical activity and behavioral interventions. Educate patients and the public about various health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members. EPs must use independent and considerable judgment in providing a wide variety of services.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs. .
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Assists patients to maintain necessary lifestyle changes for improved health
- Develops and implements Exercise Prescription for patients with Cardiac and Pulmonary Disease based upon indications and contraindications for this population
- Develops and implements Exercise Prescription for healthy individuals
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in clinical exercise physiology
- Educate patients and family on risk factors of CAD/COPD and how to control or modify risks
- Works with a multidisciplinary staff to assure appropriate exercise and clinical goals are achieved
- Maintain performance improvement activities within department
- Meets current documentation standards and policies
- Assists and participates in development and operation of new service areas
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administrative team.
- Provides community education when appropriate.
- Supports the facility’s Standards of Performance and ICARE values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or Related Health Science.
- BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association.
- Demonstrated experience requirements for the duties identified in sections I and III.
Title: Exercise Physiologist PRN
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Centennial Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00001-61028