HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager in Training ( MIT), Hospitality Degree Required in Nashville, Tennessee
Manager in Training
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Job Summary – The individuals selected for the Manager Trainee Program will complete field training and classroom assignments preparing them to function competently as a Manager in Shared Service Center. Training will focus on enhancing participants’ management and technical skills. Field training will ensure participants are knowledgeable in all aspects of the business office functions and display competency in specialized aspects of the position such as registration, compliance, billing and collections. Participants will also complete training modules involving all departments of the SSC including, but not limited to: Patient Access, Billing, Collections, Payor Analysis and Reimbursement, Insurance Verification, Appeals and Denials, and Customer Services.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Program participants satisfactorily complete scheduled classroom training at a Parallon SSC organization.
• Participants satisfactorily completes field training assignments, within a hospital or practice and SSC setting, specifically designed to perfect management and technical skills within areas listed in the “Job Summary” section above.
• Participants provide a high quality resource of knowledge, skills and work experience to facilities during course of training and fieldwork.
• Conducts self in a professional, ethical and compassionate manner with all individuals and co-workers.
• Determines trends in operational performance and identifies process improvement opportunities including but not limited to up-front collections, reduction in insurance denial trends and reduced percentage of error.
• Demonstrates high level of proficiency and knowledge in front office and back office functions and responsibilities.
• During the program, participants may serve as interim manager within various facilities and/or functions to further enhance their management and technical skills.
• Satisfactorily completes special projects as assigned.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Organization – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources.
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely.
• Leadership – guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services.
• Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
• Tactical execution – oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes.
• Policies and Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
• PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required.
• Financial Management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget.
• Start-Up Operations – understands complexities and needs to start-up build and maintain a new business.
• May require long work hours, shift work and weekends.
• Geographic flexibility may be required for promotional opportunities.
• Requires occasional travel for training and educational opportunities.
• BS or BA degree required;Hospitality degree REQUIRED for this position .
• MBA or MHA degree preferred.
• Experience in healthcare, healthcare management or finance is preferred. Customer Service experience Rquired!!
• Minimum 6 months experience of proven or demonstrated leadership, management or supervisory is required. Leadership experience may be from a job, school or voluntary capacity.
/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS –//Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations./
/OSHA CATEGORY –//The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way./
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager in Training ( MIT), Hospitality Degree Required
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-PAS - Nashville
Requisition ID: 08942-137951