HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager of Central Sterile Supply in Nashville, Tennessee
TriStar Skyline Medical Center is Tennessee's first comprehensive stroke center and a national leader in neuroscience. The facility is equipped with 233 beds and offers a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and emergency services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, TriStar Skyline is a leading provider of emergency heart care. There are more than 400 physicians on staff, many of whom have offices located right next door in the TriStar Skyline Medical Plaza.
- Coordinates, directs, supervises, and assists in daily evaluation of sterile processing services Department Specific Criteria:
- Assigns and evaluates the daily activities of SP team
- Coordinates equipment and supply needs.
- Coordinates staff development and orientation activities
- Facilitates instrumentation and equipment needs for the daily O.R. schedule/patient care units and communicates effectively with other areas in the department and the hospital to ensure continuity of care.
- Interacts with physicians and staff in a positive manner that encourages a team approach
- Investigates patient, interdepartmental, as well as departmental problems evaluating the impact on the department and patient care. Keeps the department director informed of problems and problem solving activities in a timely manner. Seeks solutions utilizing all available resources.
- Assists in the implementation and enforcement of hospital, and departmental policies and procedures. Maintains current knowledge related to policies and procedures.
- Provides direct SP care activities based on the needs of the department.
Works closely with the director in the establishment of new departmental policies and procedures. Assists in the implementation of JCAHO and other standards.
- Evaluates and recommends new equipment and or supplies based on department need.
- Ensures environmental cleanliness and organization of the department through the delegation of special assignments and duties.
- Completes the staff work and call schedules.
- Attends meetings as assigned.
- Prepares in a timely manner any report or special project as requested by the Director.
- Participates in and assists with the development and implementation of the Performance Improvement Program for the department.
Graduate of RN or Surgical Technology Program
- 3 years of perioperative experience
- Previous management experience preferred
- Sterile Processing Certification required within 1 year of hire
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager of Central Sterile Supply
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Skyline Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06020-61044