AmeriHealth Caritas Pharmacy Call Center Technician in New Castle, Delaware
Pharmacy Call Center Technician
AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware is excited to have been chosen as one of the Medicaid managed care plans for the Diamond State Health Plan and Diamond State Health Plan - Plus programs. Backed by a national organization, we have long-term experience serving the Medicaid population in neighboring states. We are committed to delivering health care through innovative services and programs and are looking forward to helping Delaware become an even healthier statistic.
PerformRxis a Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM) dedicated to clinical culture, boutique service and holistic solutions. Our mission is to help customers, doctors and patients use effective medication therapy to improve health and wellness. For more than 15 years, our focus has been on providing optimal service through a clinical culture which seeks to provide members with high quality care while ensuring our partners receive favorable costs. That culture is reflected in our employees - more than 80 percent of our staff members are Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians - and in the services we provide.
PerformRxis headquartered in Philadelphia with offices on both coasts, leading to better pharmacy benefit management across the nation. Our dedication to innovation and to providing the most efficacious outcomes is the core of our clinical culture and is the heart of PerformRx. PerformRx is a subsidiary of the AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies.
The Pharmacy Technician supports the organization’s mission and purpose by providing first-line customer support for our diverse portfolio of customers. This individual will be responsible for handling inbound inquiries from Members, pharmacies, and prescribers in its National Contact Center, maintaining the standard for service levels, including research of relevant issues; and meeting all performance standards required of the position.
- Analyze, evaluate and work to resolve customer inquiries and issues
- Interact with customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Effectively communicate issues and resolutions to customers and appropriate internal staff
- Use judgment and problem-solving skills to solve customer problems
- Use multiple screens of information simultaneously to address customer needs
- Follow processes according to contact center standards to ensure contact handling accuracy and operational effectiveness
- Use technology tools as directed and within established guidelines
- Adhere to precise work schedules, taking continuous phone calls for extended periods of time
- Answer prior authorization inquiries calls as well as research and resolve formulary and benefit issues
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year Pharmacy Technician experience in healthcare setting
- PTCB Pharmacy Certification required or ability to obtain within six-months of employment