Northwell Health Director, Human Resources Solutions (M&A Exp) in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 001ADH
Job Category Human Resources
Plans, organizes and directs the staff and activities in support of managing the organization’s site acquisition and project portfolio within the Human Resources function while developing a strategy to support multiple M&A activities. Develops post-close portfolio project management, supports the overall governance structure and has project management oversight for a variety of work streams within Human Resources. Manages content for Mergers & Acquisition meetings, coordinates various Human Resources functions and newly acquired organizations, monitors action items and progress on all related work streams and conducts planned and ad-hoc analyses as required by the businesses.
Plans, organizes and directs the staff and activities in support of managing the organization’s site acquisition and project portfolio for Human Resources.
Collaborates with management to create a framework for project management methodology and governance plan for the People Innovation function.
Manages project portfolios, provides oversight, coordination, allocation of resources and budget management across the function.
Acts as the key Human Resources (HR) representative on the initial Merger and Acquisition project, along with acquiring site HR leader, if applicable, to provide key assessments on the scope and needs of the project. Provides insight, counsel and manages expectations around integration requirements and timelines.
Works collaboratively with site HR to drive the overall integration project plan, outlining all required work streams, needed functional partnerships and other dependencies for on-time integration.
Identifies issues and opportunities while maintaining positive relations at all levels of the project hierarchy.
Continuously seeks process and reporting efficiencies by eliminating redundancies, superfluous requirements, and leveraging technology to automate admin/clerical functions and repurpose project resources to ensure project success
Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely fashion.
Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field required. MBA preferred.
• Minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible experience including 4+ years of Strategy Consulting, Healthcare M&A or complex Project Management experience, required.
• Expertise in strategic and operational analysis required.
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong, productive relationships at all levels and in a matrixed organization, required.
• Prior experience successfully navigating through rapid and complex change to achieve required outcomes; ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and developing solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written skills required, including advanced PowerPoint and presentation skills.