Northwell Health Project Coordinator, Center Equity Care in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 001DSH
Job Category General Administration
Coordinates and participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of diversity and health equity initiatives across the health system. Serves as a liaison to system wide departments requiring educational tools. Coordinates and participates in Center for Equity of Care performance improvement projects.
Collaborates with management to create a vision and plan for health literacy activities throughout the Health System.
Serves as a liaison to system wide departments requiring educational tools.
• Administers and analyzes readability pre and post tests and makes recommendations based on findings.
• Provides stake holders with all necessary documentation and information.
• Monitors inventory of patient education materials.
• Explores additional programs and training.
- Provides periodic updates, reports and makes recommendations to management regarding:
• Health Literacy services in meeting the needs of patients, health care providers and the community.
Provides resources and educates staff on health literacy in an effort to deliver services that align with the Center for Equity of Care and government regulations.
Conducts meetings disseminates information, collects data, writes reports, and seeks expansion of diversity and health equity initiatives across the Health System.
Coordinates and participates in Center for Equity of Care performance improvement projects, including writing grants, coordinating research projects and developing Center for Equity of Care documents.
Performs related duties, as required
*ADA Essential Functions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Nursing, Business Administration or related field required.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in health literacy, communications or related field, required.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in health literacy principles including key elements of writing style, organization, graphic design and readability statistics.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good communication and organizational skills.