Northwell Health Spvr Tumor Registry in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 001I5U
Job Category Medical Clerical/Secretarial
As a Supervisor you will plan and supervise the activities of the Tumor Registry. Supervise staff and ensure the smooth functioning of the department.
• Supervises activities of Tumor Registry and coordinates activities with those of Cancer Committee, Tumor Board and Cancer Conferences.
• Establishes procedures for identifying all cases of malignant and other reportable tumors from departments where patients are diagnosed and treated. Reviews all autopsy reports and monthly diagnostic indices.
• Develops and maintains quality control of case finding, abstracting, coding, follow-up, and data processing procedures.
• Assembles and disseminates data collected by Tumor Registry. Prepares statistical reports to summarize the cancer experience of the hospital. Also provides data on cancer patient population for hospital planning and administration.
• Follows all living patients to obtain end results information on quality and length of survival.
• Obtains core information from patient’s medical record including demographic data, history of cancer, diagnostic procedures, diagnosis, stage, extent of disease, and treatment.
• Maintains current knowledge of modalities in treatment and management of cancer patients.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Knowledge of Medical Terminology and Statistical Analysis as normally acquired through the completion of two (2) years of college or technical school.
• Certification as a Tumor Registrar, required.
• Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible related work experience to ensure familiarity with nomenclature of coding operations and diseases, and cancer data management.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.