HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Recruitment Happy Hour - New Orleans, LA in New Orleans, Louisiana
You are invited to our RN Recruitment Happy Hour at:
- New Orleans Hamburger & Seafood Co.*
- 4141 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70115*
- Tuesday, September 26th *
- 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm*
Open to ALL Units and ALL Shifts
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - The registered nurse holds shift accountability to provide direct patient care by utilization of the nursing process in accordance with the established policies and procedures of Tulane Medical Center, maintains clinical competencies through continuing education, and delegates patient care priorities commensurate with the education and experience of available staff.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimal requirements: 1. Must have customer service abilities including effective listening skills. 2. Must have critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. 3. Must role model ethical, safe, fiscally responsible practices 4. Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions and follow verbal instructions. 5. Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities. 6. Must demonstrate the technical and professional knowledge of an RN. 7. Must demonstrate teamwork and team building skills 8. Must comply with the provisions of the Nurse Practice Act for the practice of professional nursing particularly in area of specialization, delegation, and supervision 9. Must possess age-appropriate care competencies and be able to modify care based on patient's age and developmental status, including adolescent through geriatric
EDUCATION - Graduate from an accredited professional nurse program.
EXPERIENCE -Critical care experience preferred
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE -Must possess a current Registered Nurse license from the State of Louisiana; current BCLS certification; ACLS (within 3 months), PALS (preferred).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Must be able to climb, kneel, stoop and perform assigned duties under semi-stressful situations. Physical demands require performing heavy cleaning projects with short notice. Visual acuity is required in order to ensure that work is being done correctly. Work is moderately heavy with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighting up to 25 pounds. Work also involves considerable walking, standing, pushing and pulling of equipment and frequent lifting of patients.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse Recruitment Happy Hour - New Orleans, LA
Location: Louisiana-New Orleans-Tulane Medical Center
Requisition ID: 60479500