Comcast Analyst, Advertising Research & Insights in NEW YORK, New York
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
The Comcast Media 360 team partners with innovative brands to design and deliver media campaigns that leverage addressability, interactivity and learning across the full portfolio of Comcast's media assets: TV, Online, VOD and mobile/tablet platforms. This team works with leading media analytic companies to design, develop and deliver customized ad effectiveness research studies that extend campaign measurement beyond traditional metrics and better measure return on investment.
Comcast Media 360 is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual with strong data analysis and project management skills to join its Media Intelligence team.
The Analyst will work closely with a Senior Analyst and/or Research Manager using standard and custom data sets to create target audience segments, launch addressable campaigns and measure the effectiveness of campaigns for national advertisers. This person will be responsible for generating audience ranker reports and creating sales collateral that support the Request for Proposal process.
The analyst is also responsible for gathering and analyzing information about a market, product, or service to be offered, and the potential customers for the product or service. Additionally, the analyst works with data sets to create targeted audience profiles, summarize campaign delivery and assess campaign effectiveness/ROI. This person should be able to work with moderate guidance.
- Utilizes syndicated and proprietary data tools to define audience targets, determine media plan execution and assess measurement feasibility.
- Works closely with Comcast Media 360 sales executives and responds to internal sales requests in support of addressable campaign proposal requests.
- Partners with leading data analytics companies to create custom audience targets, execute a measurement plan and craft post campaign insights.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to launch addressable campaigns and aggregate data for analytic work.
- Prepares and submits analytical reports, helps craft and visualize data insights, and pull together recommendations.
- Understands and has hands on experience implementing various statistical concepts, comfortable working with large data sets.
- Works directly with cross-functional teams and department leadership to create research presentations and case studies.
- Generates reports from various syndicated research tools, internal systems & databases for the Senior Analysts, Research Manager and Sales Team.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in marketing, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field.
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience.
- Knowledge of advertising sales industry, conceptual knowledge of addressable advertising is preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with constantly shifting priorities.
- Must possess expert abilities in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Nielsen, Kantar, comScore, and/or Tableau experience preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer