Comcast Experience Designer, Product Design in New York, New York
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Who We Are:
Comcast's Experience Design (XD)teamis transforming how customers access and enjoy entertainment, communications and home management services across all channels-online, mobile and TV.We look for and create opportunities to educate, enlighten and whenever possible, delight, both new and existing customers. Our goal is to build long-lasting relationships using enhanced flows, smart features and self-healing solutions to foster trust and loyalty.By assembling the country's top designers and thinkers, we're rapidly becoming the premier environment for building and launching one-of-a-kind experiences that make everyday life easier and more entertaining for millions of people.
What We're Looking For:
You'll play a pivotal role in creating user experiences for the largest multi-media and entertainment company in the country. You'll support the creation of interfaces, design patterns and interactions across various experiences and products and platforms. You understand customer behaviors and excel in a collaborative environment that includes other designers, engineers, researchers, strategists and architects.
What You'll Do:
- Create innovative, engaging UI and original, eye-catching visual design.
- Deliver high quality work on tight schedules in a dynamic, agile product environment.
- Collaborate with product owners, other UX teams and engineers during all phases of the project/process.
- Demonstrate a command of usability and accessibility standards, of visual and UI design disciplines and principles.
- Write complete design specifications with a focus towards engineering implementation.
- Support, communicate, course-correct, and revise through the development phase.
- Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail.
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for mobile and web. Set-top box experience is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of UI and visual design experience within a digital agency or product team.
- Experience in iconography, symbol design, and data visualization.
- Expert typesetting and typographic design skills.
- Deep knowledge of cross-platform usability standards and UI specifications.
- Understanding of design and technical capabilities/limitations of leading email and browser technology.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Where You'll Hang Your Hat:
You'll be a key player in our New York Experience Design studio in SoHo. Our environment is fast-paced, our team is dynamic and our work is impressive. Much like the city of New York itself.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer