Comcast IT Project Manager in New York, New York
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring a Technical Project Manager based in our New York office and will report to the SVP, Global Operations. This candidate will be responsible for managing Global Operations infrastructure projects to ensure project deliverables and assist with annual project and budget planning process. Be the Point of Communication for Global Projects status across Production Line teams which includes Product Management, Engineering and Operations teams.
- The Technical Project Manager is responsible for leading, planning, managing and directing multiple complex projects consisting of one or more Vertical teams.
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling, maintaining working relationships with Vertical team leads. Required to achieve the objectives of concurrent projects.
- Co-ordinate staffing with vertical teams to achieve the objectives of one or more projects any of which could span multiple areas and geographical locations.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Ensuring actions, issues, and risks are identified and effectively managed
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manages status update meetings
- Tracks project progress with respect to time, budget and demonstrated results.
- Communicates progress to SVP Global Operations and modifies schedules as required.
- Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Coordinate scoping and architecture review activities for initiated programs and follow process for program approval at architecture initiation board.
- Create and track end to end project plan in conjunction with the lead engineer.
- Track tasks and milestones across all parties, including vendors.
- Coordinate, manage, and drive test organization activities.
- Facilitate bug triage, manage bug lists across vendors, track issue resolution with lead engineer.
- Coordinate change request generation and tracking.
- Make project scheduling decisions in conjunction with the lead engineer or facilitate conversations necessary for decision making.
- Report on project’s progress as required by product engineering management.
- Identify and manage critical path and risk areas, and create risk response and mitigation plans.
- Report weekly (or as necessary) on any risks/issues.
- Escalate issues as required to unblock open issues.
- Work with other project managers to track and manage inter-project dependencies.
- Communicate updates on major milestones, escalations, and status to lead engineer and lead project manager.
- Work with lead engineer and management to set project specific budget.
- Project spend rates based on the budgets.
- Manage within budgetary objectives set by manager, monitoring and controlling costs within functional area.
- Mentor junior level project managers on the team.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Technical discipline
- PMP certification desired
- Generally requires 7 years related experience
- 7 years proven working experience in project management in the information technology sector preferably in managing and delivering IT Audit programs
- At least 3 years demonstrated leadership of IT Audits
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in IT Infrastructure and web technologies
- Experience in the media technology space a plus
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Solid Project Management background,
- Effective listener who can understand business concerns and requirements and who can negotiate mutually acceptable creative solutions.
- Experience working with offshore and remote technology teams
- High level of proficiency in both oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Flexible and adaptable – comfortable with changing priorities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer