Bank of America Quartz Senior Solutions Developer-Financial Data in New York, New York
In addition to a strong development background, this role requires a financial background and/or a strong understanding of banking. Hands-on development experience with trade capture systems, reference data, market data and/or risk systems is highly preferred. Experience in Athena or secDB also highly preferred. Ability to collaborate with developers and project managers is required.
• Develop the financial layers of the stack that contains the implementations to store and disseminate trade, reference and market data
• Use a highly efficient and tightly integrated development environment
• Follow an agile development methodology with frequent production releases and good unit test coverage
• Collaborate with line of business aligned developers to help them to leverage the platform to the greatest effect while ensuring that implementations are sufficiently generalized to support the cross-product enterprise consumers of Quartz data
• Gain a deep understanding of the non-financial layers of the Quartz Stack (distributed compute, object database, development tools) to rapidly build high-performance and robust solutions
• Gain a deep understanding of the financial object model and how to effectively apply it to solve business problems
• Measure, improve and maintain data quality
• Research and analyze the root cause of issues and solve them in a permanent manner
• Monitor program execution for expected performanceAn interest in financial services (financial markets, data modeling, and risk computation)
BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering, Math, Physics or a related field
5+ years of development experience
Experience that is advantageous but not strictly required:
Python or SecDb/Slang
Development of financial derivative risk management systems at a bank
Development of enterprise-scale distributed systems
Posting Date : 08/09/2017
Location : US-IL-Chicago, US-NY-New York
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.