Comcast Release Operations Engineer in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
By closely working with Engineering teams across New York, California, Beijing, and Europe, you will assist the heads of Global Engineering, Product Management, and Operations manage and evolve how their teams work together to develop and deploy software, with a particular focus on the automated tools, templates, and few but effective processes. Additionally, you will help them manage risks and drive continuous improvement across a variety of factors, including tools utilization, process adherence, dependencies across teams and components, and project status reporting. Finally, you will help the entire company understand how productive our software teams are by developing and maintaining reports on metrics around velocity, throughput, quality, and associated development KPIs.
- Manage and improve software development processes & tools
- Act as a coordinator across Product Management, Engineering, and Operations
- Develop release status reporting (risk assessments, process adherence, etc.)
- Software development metrics management (team velocities, quality, throughput, etc.)
- Dependency tracking and reporting across teams, features, and components
- Coordination with international counterparts in Europe and China
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, andtheir application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Effective communication skills with both highly technical and business audiences
- Experience with process design and implementation
- Believe in automation, effectively utilize and integrate (or, even better, develop) tools (e.g. JIRA, Slack, etc.)
- Experience with Agile SaaS development
- Mindset of continuous learning and improvement
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science orEngineeringor Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience with technology consulting, software development, or product management
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer