Bank of America Senior Quantitative Finance Analyst - Pricing in New York, New York
Job Specific Description:
Review and implement derivatives pricing models utilizing knowledge of probability theory, derivative pricing theory, stochastic calculus and various programming languages including C++ and VBA. Analyze all aspects of model and market risk. Use experience and market/product knowledge to identify and assess the appropriateness of the models key underlying assumptions. Create documentation for all activities.Incumbents possess excellent quantitative/analytic skills and are able to influence strategic direction, as well as develop tactical plans.
General Job Description:
Responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and complex modeling projects. Leads efforts in development of new models, analytic processes or system approaches. Creates documentation for all activities and may work with technology staff in design of any system to run models developed. Incumbents possess excellentquantitative/analyticskills and are able to influence strategic direction, as well as develop tactical plans.
Responsibilities may include:
Validate equity derivative models developed by Front Office Equity-Linked Quant Group.
· Review the underlying assumptions, theory, derivation, empirical evidence, implementation and limitations of the model being validated.
· Identify, quantify and follow model risk associated with the model being validated
· Develop benchmark models in C++ for model review and model risk management purposes.
· Prepare validation report and technical documents for the model being validated.
· Assist market risk managers on trade approvals and finance on price verification methodologies.
· Help on maintaining model inventory and conducting ongoing model performance monitoring
Masters or foreign equivalent in Computational Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related degree.
Strong aptitude for independent critical thinking.
Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· 5+ years’ experience in financial markets.
· Familiarity with exotic equity derivatives is a must.
· The candidate must have graduate-level research experience or coursework in the following: derivatives modeling; stochastic calculus; Partial Differential Equations; Statistics; Probability; Numerical Analysis; Monte Carlo Methods; VBA and C++.
· Any suitable combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.
PhD or foreign equivalent in Computation Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related degree
Cross-asset class experience
Posting Date : 03/29/2017
Location : US-NY-New York
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.