Comcast Solutions Engineer in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
We seek an experienced, passionate, and highly motivated Solutions Engineer to bring our technology to life each day, establishing and supporting new customer deployments, expansion projects, and internal initiatives. The team is also tasked with helping FreeWheel’s customers integrate our solutions with a wide variety of other systems, including other ad serving systems, financial systems, and video players. Because of the broad purview, this team must communicate with customers and partners frequently, and must be able to find clever solutions to complex integration problems.
- Execution of implementation projects, working to grow clients’ product usage through new integrations
- Performs needs analyses for the Company and its customers, and develops and documents strategic, cost-effective business and technical solutions
- Participates in the product release cycle through requirement gather, design vetting, and user acceptance testing
- Creates, reviews, and executes product test plans and cases, documents test progress, and reports results
- Articulates technical solutions during presales process
- Provides timely, technical support and problem resolution for escalated field service questions
- Consults client on viable opportunities which align with their current technology architecture
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Evaluates client requests for technical feasibility, determines high-level requirements for implementation success, and aids the Account Manager in creating thoroughly informative requests for implementation resourcing
- Captures technical details of client-specific implementations, and maintain this information within well-updated documentation of clients' technology architecture
- Assists in preparation of materials for client renewal opportunities product upsells, business reviews, account plans, etc.
- BA/BS degree and 3 years experience with video, online advertising, accounting or financial technologies
- You can lead and manage (in both technical and non-technical aspects) as relates to clients and teammates, yet are still willing to be extremely hands on
- You have strong communication skills – this position requires significant amount of client interaction. Being a Solutions Engineer is all about explaining how the technology solves the business problem. You should be able to do this well
- A solid understanding of SCTE standards related to dynamic ad insertion (SCTE-35, SCTE-130) is a big plus
- Solid data manipulation and analysis skills: XML, JSON, CSV, XLS, etc. The more the better
- You should have working knowledge of database structure and SQL
- You think creatively and solve problems actively. This is not a position where requirements or solutions will be spoon fed to the team
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer