Bank of America Technical Portfolio Manager in New York, New York
- Financial regulation for banks has increased dramatically over the past few years. This role is to work on the Non-Financial Regulatory Reporting (NFRR) remediation program, an initiative targeted to define and implement a consistent and efficient regulatory reporting process with defined accountabilities for the entire end-to end process.
The Senior Project Manager will have two primary roles; management and execution of the regulatory project portfolio for NFRR and the project management of the existing to target state framework for the risk management of the implementation of key regulations within their assigned portfolio of work.
This role will assume responsibility for the oversight, coordination and delivery of a project or projects and work with various stakeholders globally to manage the delivery of the NFRR requirements in support of Global Markets and Banking.
The role works in close partnership with the front office, operations, compliance and other technology senior leadership teams. At this level, the candidate should expect to participate in negotiations with high-level stakeholders and help the team with process improvements.
The role will require planning, resourcing and impact assessment of new initiatives at the appropriate point in the regulation life cycle. The position requires interaction with various regulatory committees within Bank of America globally and also external regulators as required. The project management role will take the regulation from the draft status, through the project life cycle, to implementation, and BAU operation and reporting.
• Evaluate the current state environment of asset class reporting in readiness for the delivery of project plan for remediation.
• Design remediation gaps alongside third-party consultancy resource based on key preliminary observations and their respective preliminary remediation plans.
• Lead global extended project teams across multiple business lines.
• Manage multiple work streams within complex regulatory projects.
• Lead and manage governance and steering committees.
• Represent Global Markets projects at global governance meetings, and other project forums.
• Provide appropriate status communication to governance forums, stakeholders, and clients.
• Partner with Legal and Compliance to determine the business impact of proposed regulations.
• Accountable for the delivery of all phases of the project lifecycle.
• Develop implementation strategies and project plans.
• Work closely with Business Analyst to produce detailed process analysis, develop business requirements, and work to translate these into functional specifications.
• Develop test strategies and execute functional and user acceptance testing.
• Manage project issue and risks with timely escalation where appropriate.
• Build and leverage strong working relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
• Develop definitions and implement processes for reporting metrics.
• 8+ years in the finance services industry or similar with experience in managing global initiatives and distributed resources.
• Proven track record in the delivery of major IT implementation projects
• The candidate should have experience as a senior project manager leading enterprise wide regulatory initiatives gained from having worked in the Capital Markets trading industry from a global investment bank (or consultancy).
• The successful candidate should have strong understanding of multiple asset classes traded in the investment banking industry, have worked on regulatory reform initiatives (or risk initiatives with regulatory mandates), and must have contributed significantly to multiple successful enterprise programs and milestones.
• Ability to perform detailed and complex data analysis.
• Ability to manage multiple projects or work streams.
• Excellent communication skills across all levels of the business.
• Excellent collaboration skills.
• Experience in a regulatory project management office preferred.
• Knowledge of Regulatory Agencies and key Regulations i.e. MiFiD II, Dodd Frank, OATS, Electronic Bluesheets, Large Options Position Reporting (US & HK), Reg NMS 605 & 606 (FINRA Regulation).
Posting Date : 08/07/2017
Location : US-NY-New York
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.