Comcast VP, Product Marketing for Spotlight in NEW YORK, New York
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for creating the over-arching product marketing strategy that aligns with the product development roadmap to support the sales efforts within a dynamic multi-level B2B linear TV and digital advertising organization. Works with product development, technology operations, research, sales marketing and sales leaders on the strategic vision, development, coordination, and implementation of new products and product enhancements with the intent to drive revenue and maximize market share across, local, regional and national lines of business. Plans, manages, and leads the go-to-market strategy, develops the positioning, oversees the roll out of product launches and product enhancements. Works closely with sales marketing to develop client solutions utilizing the new products/enhancements. Ensures proper tools for all sales channels are effective and available to market and sell the portfolio of Spotlight products. Manages associated product marketing budget within scope of business. Reviews and analyzes product marketing budget performance to determine the trends in the effectiveness of various marketing programs. Leads the communication efforts in concert with Spotlight's communications team relative to the Product Marketing strategies and execution. Drives change transformation and strategy execution related to new products to achieve specific business results.
- Works with product development, technology operations, video strategy, research, sales marketing, communications and sales leaders, to develop product/service needs, strategies, priorities and trial/launch plans
- Works with sales marketing to develop packaging strategies to deliver revenue growth
- Works with our sales, operations, finance, research, training and EPS teams on launch planning and execution
- Develops and manages over-arching "Go to Market" plans including launch timelines; from trials to general release
- Validates market trends to business needs through customer insight and competitive intelligence and drives that data back through the product development teams.
- Develops marketing campaign strategies, in conjunction with related product launches and ensures proper sales tools are available and in market to support the various sales channels.
- Develops the annual product marketing plan along with the strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve department and business objectives, including revenue growth and increased share of business for the desired business results
- Evaluates and determines desired over-arching business results, short-term and long-term, for the product marketing function
- Sets the standard of excellence for product marketing programs
- Sets product positioning and marketing strategies related to product launches
- Provides oversight and support to company's leadership in the development of affiliations, sponsorships, and partnership arrangements as they pertain to product launches
- Leads strategic plan development and builds alliances with industry partners and networks, as needed, to achieve advertising growth objectives
- Acts as visionary for measurement systems to determine success of product marketing programs
- Develops new ideas and communicates potential uses for product marketing analytics across the business. Communicates learnings/recommendations and obtains buy-in from Executive team, sales, operations, finance, HR, and senior leaders
- Sets the standards for new programs, resources and tools
- Works with production/creative teams to ensure marketing collateral appropriately supports our product marketing initiatives and strategies
- Consistently engages and influences audiences
- Hires, coaches, mentors, and advises marketing staff
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance. Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Success in developing, implementing and managing effective product marketing campaigns on a national scale
- Strong communication skills with the experience and ability to influence at all levels and with partner groups within and external to Spotlight
- Execution focused
- Able to travel throughout our markets as required
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent (Master's preferred)
- Field of Study: Product Marketing, Business, Communications
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 15 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer