Bank of America Corporate Credit Risk Executive in Newport Beach, California
Bank of America is seeking a Credit Risk Manager who will cover s outhern California to include Orange County, Inland Empire & San Diego for both the Middle Market and Business Banking.
• The ability to appropriately address a high volume of credit requests in a timely manner, while executing on management routines necessary to provide appropriate oversight of risk activities within assigned markets.
• Proactively managing the portfolio in accordance with the Risk Framework and Risk Appetite. Taking ownership for identifying, escalating and resolving emerging risks and portfolio issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Leveraging the industry expertise and knowledge across the Risk platform and providing strong leadership skills to ensure a strong Risk Culture exists among our business partners.
• Interacting with various levels of management and developing a good working relationships with business partners.
• Supporting responsible growth by maintaining a full understanding of issues and trends impacting our clients and business partners.
• Assisting business partners by helping to remove obstacles and resolve issues to achieve responsible and sustainable growth.
• Candidates must be experienced and qualified credit professionals
• 12-15 years experience in commercial lending including the underwriting and/or approval of credit exposures
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of risk policies and procedures
• Substantial leadership skills necessary to implement change and resolve issues/conflicts in a balanced and professional manner
Experienced and qualified credit professionals that are responsible for managing and approving credit activities for a large region or industry, multiple industries and/or large regional geographic area. In conjunction with CRO executes strategy and approves large complex transactions. Implements credit policies and approves commitments within overall guidelines and limits. Usually the front line credit risk person on more complex or sensitive credit transactions working directly with the relationship manager and/or credit product specialist to structure a deal. Coaches associates across functional lines. Requires direct contact with the client. Requires 15+ years of related experience, and often includes time spent in corporate or investment banking.
Posting Date : 05/24/2017
Location : US-CA-San Diego, US-CA-Newport Beach
Travel : Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Weekly Schedule : No
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.