HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Coding Integrity Specialist I (Work from Home) in Norcross, Georgia
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Using ICD-10-CM and/or HCPCS/CPT, assigns, validates, and/or edits codes for the following patient types: o Emergency room (ED),
o Recurring (RCR) excluding Wound Care and Cardiac Cath, and
o Clinical (CLI) records
o Provider Office Visit (POV)
• Assigns, validates, and/or edits the ED E/M levels, and enters and/or validates charges for ED, OB ED and/or observation (OBV) infusions and/or injections
• Assigns, validates, and/or edits procedure categories and modifiers
• Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards
• Maintains or exceeds established accuracy standards
• Reviews all official data quality standards, coding guidelines, Company policies and procedures, and clinical/medical resources to assure coding knowledge and skills remain current
• Meets all educational requirements as stated in current Company and HSC policies
• Utilizes the complete medical record documentation in code assignment, validation, and/or editing of codes
• Follows all applicable coding guidance in assigning, sequencing, validation, and/or editing of codes
• Initiates, validates, and/or edits physician queries in compliance with Company and HSC policy when appropriate
• As needed, may periodically be asked to perform Coding Account Resolution Specialist I (CARS I) duties
• Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
High School graduate or GED equivalent required, undergraduate (associate or bachelors) degree in HIM/HIT preferred.
1-year acute care outpatient coding experience required with 3 years’ healthcare experience strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE – RHIT, RHIA or CCS preferred.
Job: *HIMS & Health Informatics
Title: Coding Integrity Specialist I (Work from Home)
Location: Georgia-Norcross-HSC - Atlanta
Requisition ID: 25774-138519