Comcast Mgr 2, Engineering Ops in Norcross, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for ensuring the overall performance of financial operations by achieving operational compliance, adherence to budgets, and reinforcing enterprise-wide strategic direction in daily operations. Ensures compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Promotes a customer-driven service culture. Acts as a champion through continued focus on proactively identifying and addressing processes impacting engineering. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees.
- Monitors technical and engineering progress to ensure strategies, goals, and objectives are met. Aligns operational plans with business objectives. Communicates changes to all affected personnel.
- Ensures effective implementation of the department budget. Prepares financial statements and monthly forecasts and reports them to management.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financial performances and makes budget and new technology recommendations.
- Monitors capital and operating expenditures and makes recommendations as necessary.
- Manages and forecasts resource needs to meet departmental objectives. Recommends action plans or solutions to management.
- Ensures that all regional technical performance complies with industry and Company technical requirements.
- Applies industry standards in daily operations and ensures that they are consistently met and that technical operations comply with system, region and OSHA safety programs.
- Develops, trains, mentors and motivates staff members in accordance with best practices and procedures developed by management.
- Makes business-impacting decisions on the ground floor of department operations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer