AECOM IC/Navigation GEDMS Electronics Technician in Norfolk, Virginia
Business Line Government
Position Title IC/Navigation GEDMS Electronics Technician
United States of America - Virginia
AECOM is actively seeking a IC/Navigation GEDMS Electronics Technician to provide fleet technical support and engineering support services to Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC). The position will be located on the Norfolk Naval Base.
Provide onboard and remote fleet technical assistance, CASREP support, troubleshooting, repair, operational and maintenance assessment/inspection support, modernization/installation, installation and check-out, availability support and engineering technical services for IC & Navigation systems including AN/USQ-82 Gigabyte Data Multiplexing System (GEDMS), AVAYA IVN, STC-2 and MARCOM telephone systems, MK27F FIBER Gyros, WSN-8B DHYSL, WSN-7A, WSN-7B. and MK84 400HZ Water Cooled Power Systems.
Support includes system installation, operation, maintenance, and connectivity problems including peripheral, interfaced and support systems.
Provide Onboard Maintenance Training (OBMT) to Ship's Force technicians in the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, assessment (including TSRA, C5RA, PIA, ICMP, INSURV, grooms), and logistics.
Report findings/discrepancies in TAAS-Info, Maintenance Action Forms (MAFs), written/electronic Technical Assistance Visit Report (TAVR) or de-brief at completion of shipboard tasks.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
· U.S. Navy rating “A” school and applicable system “C” school and NEC 4739 for AN/USQ-82 Gigabyte Data Multiplexing System (GEDMS) or equivalent formal classroom training or on-the-job training
· Minimum of eight (8) years in-depth knowledge troubleshooting, repairing and assessing shipboard AVAYA IVN, STC-2 and MARCOM Telephone systems and shipboard Navigation systems including MK27F FIBER Gyros
· Classroom training for MK84 400HZ Water Cooled Power Systems.
· With a minimum of two (2) years hands-on experience on each of the listed systems: (Experience may be concurrent)
· TELEPHONE SYSTEMS: AVAYA IVN / STC-2 / MARCOM
· USQ-82 GEDMS (Gigabit Digital Multiplexing Network) (NEC 4739)
· NAVIGATION SYSTEMS: MK27F, WSN-8B DHYSL, WSN-7A, WSN-7B.
· MK84 400HZ Water Cooled Systems
· Minimum of six (6) years within the last ten years in installation, testing, troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair of combat or C4I systems and equipment.
· A minimum of three (3) years full time hands-on technician experience within last 5 years in assembly, overhaul, repair, modification, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of shipboard Combat, ASW, USW, MIW, or C4I systems.
· Must be able to operate required electronic support and test equipment
· Capable of using and reading technical operation and maintenance documentation and manuals, blueprints, engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, and data tables
Ability to utilize computers, and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc., to compile information for reports and programmatic files, etc.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
Be able to lift 40 lbs
Must have active SECRET security clearance
Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time
· Experience gained at a MARMC, MOTU, FTSC, NSSA, or an RMC, ISEA, or OEM is a plus
Bachelor or Associates of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Electronics, Electronics Technology, or other technical field is a plus
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 157799BR