Comcast Manager Employee Relations in Oak Brook, Illinois
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for development and implementation of Employee Relationspolicies and practices. Conducts internal audits of employee relations
issues to identify possible violations and makes recommendations ofappropriate actions to resolve issues. Designs, plans, andimplementsEmployee Relations programs, policies, and guidelines to promote andenhance employee satisfaction. Manages team which may include exempt andnon-exempt employees. Serves as subject matter and provides guidance toemployees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drivedepartment efficiencies. Assists in development and meeting ofdepartmental budget.
- Provides guidance support and training to managers and employees onemployee relations issues.
- Conducts prompt, thorough investigations in response to employeecomplaints. Identifies, recommends, and oversees implementation ofappropriate actions to accomplish resolution of employee concerns.
- Provides support to management on organization structure, successionplanning, and employee development initiatives.
- Identifies, recommends, and oversees implementation of appropriateactions to accomplish resolutions of employee concerns.
- Conducts employee focus group sessions, employees surveys, andinterviews to obtain employee feedback. Identifies employee concerns andmonitors overall employee satisfaction. Partners with leadership andemployees to develop and implement action plans.
- Identifies and addresses turnover trends and develops initiatives toincrease retention of skilled talent.
- Maintains appropriate records of investigations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Arts & Humanities
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI)
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer