Kaiser Permanente Associate Account Manager II, Large Group Sales and Account Managment in Oakland, California
Manage business processes that support achieving and maintaining optimal business position in order to sustain and grow membership. Provide support to group Account Management client servicing functions and preparation of information to existing accounts to ensure deadlines are met and a timely response given to inquiries. Create sales opportunities through targeted external customer facing enrollment activities, effective relationships with brokers/consultants and front line benefit contacts, to increase membership, build support for KP, and enhance group customer loyalty and retention. Monitor and maintain data integrity within sales systems, accounts and book of business in order to improve external communication, sales performance, and book of business management.
Essential Responsibilities: - Track, monitor and ensure that contracts, pricing and membership accounting have accurate information and implement the negotiated terms of the final renewal with focus on business processes. - Manage the process of resolving complicated and sensitive employer-initiated concerns in order to build purchaser loyalty and retain membership. - Understand account strategy, goals, and financial position. - Coordinate the flow of information in order to keep the process moving to meet strategic objectives. - Through ongoing account contacts, identify situations that may signal opportunities for growth for KP and alert account manager. - Identify and act on enrollment opportunities including: presentations; benefit fairs; health fairs; and Q & A sessions. - Identify and report trends and/or systematic issues within a book-of-business as they become apparent and provide solutions and possible opportunities for growth. - Identify knowledge network key resources and link capability to account strategy and service issues. - Participate in Account Strategy sessions and work on targeted accounts in conjunction with the Account Manager. - Act as the primary point of contact for group customer contacts as related to contracts, benefits, rates or renewal activities. - Understand the customer's business and business challenges. Know customer's Human Resources and Benefits staff and how decisions get made. - Create and increase credibility by demonstrating knowledge of each customer's unique benefit package. - Employ appropriate sales systems to accurately maintain account information. - Ensure accurate enrollment process, payment arrangements and contract is understood, agreed to and met. - Collect specific business information and competitive data required for account strategies by established deadlines. - Ensure accurate and complete data is entered into correct business applications. - Review data and alert account manager to outliers or potential problems. - Ensure timely submission of reports as directed by the account manager. If Small Business Unit:
- Accountable for business processes and administrative requirements to support assigned accounts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with front line business owners in support of assigned Account Manager.
- Assist with in-field demonstrations and teachings to employers and brokers on KP online technology to facilitate maximization of all KP online tools.
Explain and negotiate complex underwriting methodology with client and advisors. If Cross Regional/Multi-State:
Collaborate in the coordination cross regional growth opportunities.
- Participate in interregional account teams to coordinate renewals and ensure creation of a single uniform presentation.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience - Minimum two (2) years of experience in sales, telemarketing, customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing. Education
Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years experience in sales, telemarketing, customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing. License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated record of meeting individual business objectives.
- Experience using customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to issues.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- CA Accident and Health Insurance license required within 90 days of hire date.
- If National Accounts or Stockton Telesales: All applicable state license(s) required within 90 days of hire date, as dictated by regional requirements.
- If Medicare Sales Representative/Sales Managers/Enrollers: No license requirement.
- If Occupational Health: No license requirements.
- Two (2) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration in healthcare or health insurance industry.
- Background experience in brokerage/consultant, insurance carrier, TPA, or benefits administration provides an advantage.
- One (1) year of experience with employee group benefits.
- One (1) year of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Demonstrated understanding of current/future trends and changes in healthcare/health insurance laws/regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Associate Account Manager II, Large Group Sales and Account ManagmentLOCATION Oakland, CAREQNUMBER 616903
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.