HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager, Patient Access at Ocala Health Systems in Ocala, Florida
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES –
The Patient Access Manager is responsible for the daily operations of all functions related to patient registration and serves as the liaison between the Service Center and the hospital. The Patient Access Manager integrates the department’s services with the hospital’s primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. As the leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services. They serve as a key promoter of the Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical,
psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age for the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education,
training or experience.
Age Groups: Birth - 1 year (infant), 1 - 11 years (pediatric), 12 - 16 years (preschooler), 17 - 64 years (adult),
65 – Life Span (geriatric)
• High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Patient Access experience
• Minimum 3 years management experience
Title: Manager, Patient Access at Ocala Health Systems
Location: Florida-Ocala-Ocala Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08945-126946