HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Telemetry Monitor Technician PRN ORMC in Ocala, Florida
The Certified Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
· Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required.
· BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire.
· Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred.
· Previous experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting required.
· Strong customer service skills required.
· Familiarity with medical terminology is desired.
· Computer literacy is required.
· Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
· Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching,
- squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Title: Telemetry Monitor Technician PRN ORMC
Location: Florida-Ocala-Ocala Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00050-7543