DynCorp International LLC. Buyer in OCONKWAJALEIN ATOLL, Marshall Islands
The Buyer is responsible for procurement of materials, components, supplies and/or services for the company in accordance with standard operating procedures, contract requirements and federal acquisition regulations.
Principal Accountabilities (Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Establishes source of supply, negotiates price, delivery date, and other necessary commitments based upon authorized requisition that maintains consistency with the Program/Requisitioning Unit requirement and compliance with company policies and federal regulations.
- Provides guidance and information to requester that includes communication of procurement actions and assist with special or complex requirements.
- Maintains procedures to assure follow-up and administration of purchase order and subcontract files. Coordinates requisition requirements with requester.
- Assists in the preparation of reports with DynCorp organizations and customers to comply with various laws, company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Evaluates bids, selects and recommends suppliers.
- Reviews purchase requisitions and places orders with approved suppliers for routine and more complex purchases.
- Negotiates price, quality and services.
- Supports the goals and objectives of the company as a part of a work group or team member.
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, and losses, return of materials, over-shipments, and cancellations.
- Provides pricing in support of Business Development efforts.
- May require site visits in support of establishment of new suppliers.
- Responsible for signature authority level increase.
- Interfaces with Purchasing Mgmt. to provide status and input and communicates with Mgmt. in other departments.
Performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge & Skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, works with little supervision and well under pressure.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) preferred.
Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
Bachelor’s degree in associated discipline. Two (2) years of experience in procurement or related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
- Two (2) years’ experience in procurement role. Prefer government environment procurement experience.
Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
o Generally works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions
o Some positions will be assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions
Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Job: *Purchasing / Procurement
Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONKWAJALEIN ATOLL
Requisition ID: BLU1703308