DynCorp International LLC. Logistics Supervisor in OCONKWAJALEIN ATOLL, Marshall Islands
The Logistics Supervisor plans, directs, controls, coordinates and evaluates logistics management functions. Oversees the logistics requirements necessary to support operations of assigned program.
Principal Accountabilities (Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Ensures compliance with procedures, integrity of property accountability to the degree to which customer requirements are satisfied, and compatibility of local supply information and inventory records.
- Supervises personnel in the inventory control and logistics sections. Schedules and conducts inventories.
- Oversees the transfers, adjustments, turn-ins, issues, receipts and controls of all property assigned to program.
- Enters data into multiple databases, conducts extensive searches for information pertaining to complex and/or unusual supply transactions and patterns, assists hand receipt holders in preparing lost/damaged statements for lost, destroyed or damaged property and discusses problems with hand receipt holders for clarification and settlements of discrepancies.
- Updates databases, retrieves data and uses data to respond to a variety of customers.
- Drafts local policies, procedures, plans and guidance for supply and services operations.
- Implements and adjusts procedures for receipt, storage, issue and document control of accountable supplies and equipment.
- Directs personnel in making decisions and recognizing problems relating to such determinations and needs for property review, detection of discrepancy caused, and adjustments, etc.
- Provides technical guidance and training to inventory control specialists. Monitors and reviews work performed.
- Investigates and reconciles discrepancies and reports those that could not be resolved to the logistics manager.
- Executes and establishes functions, including development or modification of local procedures in accordance with guidelines established by the logistics manager.
- Responsible for training, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems of direct reports.
Performs other qualified duties as assigned Knowledge & Skills
Thorough knowledge of corporate policies and procedures.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications, general computer skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment.
- Ability to multi task and work under time constraints.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and ability to work independently.
Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
High school degree or equivalent.
- Six (6) years progressively responsible Supply/Logistics experience required.
- Military work experience desired but not required.
Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
o Generally works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions
o Some positions will be assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions
Must be able to lift 50 pounds to waste level and 30 pounds to shoulder height.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Job: *Logistics / Transportation
Title: Logistics Supervisor
Location: MARSHALL ISLANDS-OCONKWAJALEIN ATOLL
Requisition ID: 1703651