DynCorp International LLC. Mechanic, Aircraft RW (S-61T) Phase in OCONUNKNOWN, Iraq
TheMechanic, Aircraft RWservices, repairs, and overhauls aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness.
Principal Accountabilities *
- Read and interpret manufacturers' and maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing oil systems, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts and checking brakes.
- Must be able to become qualified and perform engine runs for the aircraft type they are assigned to support.
- Perform other duties as assigned
*Knowledge & Skills *
- FAA Airframe & Power Plant license is required.
- CMF 15 aviation MOS series or other military/commercial equivalent. Must possess a current US passport or the ability to obtain one before assignment.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) through Department of State Background Investigation is a condition of employment. A current MRPT is desired.
Experience & Education *
- Five (5) years’ experience as a licensed Air Frame & Power Plant aircraft mechanic experience.
- Must possess knowledge of aircraft sub-systems, including maintenance parameters, systems operation, limitations, and technical orders.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment *
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
- Must be capable of living and working in a potentially hostile environment for an extended period.
- May be required to travel to and between remote location(s) in austere environments.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Travel to and between CONUS and OCONUS locations is required.
Job: *Aviation / Support
Title: Mechanic, Aircraft RW (S-61T) Phase
Requisition ID: INL-1703362