DynCorp International LLC. QC Technical Inspector, RW CH46 in OCONUS, Afghanistan
TheQC Technical Inspectoris responsible for the overall monitoring of quality control processes and procedures as applicable to all areas of assigned aircraft maintenance.
Principal Accountabilities *
- Assist the Quality Manager in the monitoring and evaluation of maintenance personnel and maintenance actions performed.
- Inspect aircraft equipment condition for safety, and ensures compliance with technical directives.
- Review aircraft Historical records, log book entries, TMDE, AOAP Air wing Information System (AWIS) and W&B for accuracy and compliance.
- Advise maintenance personnel in the use of technical data to troubleshoot, repair, or replace malfunctioning systems.
- Verify proper procedures, tools and technical data are used while conducting maintenance.
- Conduct audits/surveillance of maintenance programs to ensure compliance with the Quality Control and Maintenance Plans.
- Oversee and train Host Nation personnel in the accomplishment of the duties as outlined in the approved quality control plan.
- Acts as the Safety Management Representative (SMR).
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Familiar with aircraft Sub-systems, components, associated equipment and technical documentation systems.
- Knowledge of The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS), Aviation unit level and Intermediate level maintenance processes and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of component time before overhaul, records keeping, historical records, and associated equipment, and applicable technical orders.
- Working knowledge of TAMMS, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and generally accepted maintenance practices.
- Working knowledge of Quality Control, Quality Assurance and related programs and Department of State regulations.
- Exceptional knowledge of and application of AWIS data management systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills for complex system inspection relating to safety of flight and on the job maintenance activities.
- Ability to analyze inspection findings, and determine best case analysis.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of all requirements within the complex aviation maintenance repair, overhaul and functional use as they apply.
- Must be able to read, write and interpret technical data.
- Must be able to interpret technical data, and determine best case path forward to correct deficiencies.
- Travel and supervision of large groups of maintenance personnel may be required on a periodic basis.
- Able to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) through Department of State Background Investigation as a condition of continued employment.
- Must possess a current US Passport or the ability to obtain one before assignment.
Experience & Education *
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in QC with expertise in one or more aircraft systems as a senior aircraft mechanic.
- FAA Airframe and Power plant (A&P) Certificate required.
- CMF 15 Aviation MOS series or other military/commercial equivalent
- Previous experience with Department of Defense, and Federal Aviation Administration maintenance management programs, historical records, and system of component tracking and air worthiness directive tracking preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment *
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for up to six hours per day and sit for up to four hours per day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds to height of four feet and be required to lift up to 35 pounds to height of 7 feet.
- May be required to read aircraft dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sounds.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
- Will be exposed to surface obstructions (ladders, stairs, etc).
- Must have minimum 20/100 near and far vision, correctable to 20/20. Must be able to focus night vision devices (NVD) at a distance of at least 20 feet.
- Work conditions are normally those of a standard office environment where there is little physical discomfort.
- Must be capable of living and working in a potentially hostile environment for an extended period.
- May be required to travel to and between remote location(s) in austere environments.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs).
Job: *Aviation / Support
Title: QC Technical Inspector, RW CH46
Requisition ID: INL-1703361