DynCorp International LLC. Administrative Assistant in OCONUS, Honduras
Under supervision, the Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of routine to advanced administrative duties in support of a program, department or manager(s). Acts as a liaison to internal and external contacts in a manner that promotes the professional image of the Company.
Principal Accountabilities (Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Performs routine to advanced administrative tasks in support of the daily operations of the department.
- Using computer system, prepares professional business communication documents including presentations, reports, memos, letters and emails.
- Organizes and maintains paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, etc.
- Performs administrative duties such as mailing, faxing and distributing correspondence.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, providing information and direction as needed.
- Arranges and coordinates details related to travel arrangements, expense reports, and departmental budgets.
- Makes arrangements for conferences and meetings; may assemble background materials, attend meetings and record proceedings as directed.
- Reviews outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformity with established procedures.
- Orders and maintains supplies and equipment for department.
- Assists with a variety of scheduled and unscheduled projects specific to assigned department/program.
- May perform PeopleSoft HR function for one or more programs.
Perform other qualified duties as assigned Knowledge & Skills
Working knowledge of general office procedures.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written communication, with knowledge of business communication, including style and format of letters and reports.
- Strong typing skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate office machinery such as fax and copier machines.
- Works independently with good decision-making skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of employees and customers.
Additional knowledge and skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
High school degree or equivalent required. Some college or business school training preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience performing the work of an administrative assistant required.
Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
o Generally works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions.
o Some positions will be assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions.
Travel typically not required within area of assignment.
Job: *Aviation / Support
Title: Administrative Assistant
Requisition ID: 1703217